Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Blount Signed to 2 Year Deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    No problem...I am very sarcastic, so I really assumed everyone would know I was kidding. Like I said, I don't think Blount would be that dumb.
    That's right. We all know no Steelers player would be so dumb as to do something like flash a gang sign. Or post a picture of himself wearing a "Free Hernandez" cap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You can google Justin Bieber making the very same stupid hand gestures...

Hell, you can find pics of John Lennon and Winston Churchill making peace signs...

Which gang are these guys in?

[URL]http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ac1394dbdcca6a36cbf486633b129cd813095ac3/r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/USATODAY/WiresImages/2013/05/18/fe590a2aaa653210320f6a706700fe23-1305181315_4_3.jpg[/URL]
    I dunno...Lennon and Churchill are both dead, so maybe some dead people's gang?

Bieber...the stupid gang?

Backup

User Info Menu

I like this signing. So, he did I really stupid thing in college and cold cocked that dude. I'm all for second chances. After all, he was just a kid.

i like the idea of a steelers jersey, "Blount" on the nameplate, and #47.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I like this signing. So, he did I really stupid thing in college and cold cocked that dude. I'm all for second chances. After all, he was just a kid.

i like the idea of a steelers jersey, "Blount" on the nameplate, and #47.
    Well there is more then 1 incident for Mr. Blount. One in college and one on the titans. So I figure Munchak knows the story on that. I get that Tampa was a mess when he was there and they found a really good back to take his carries. I get that NE has a few backs. But WHY let him get away for cheap? I love the possibilities for the back field with 2 big man thumping the defense. Oh yea I also want a Blount jersey but it would need 420 as the number to really be funny!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Here is the story about the Tennessee incident:

[URL="http://mobile.thegrio.com/thegrio/#!/entry/nfl-player-caps-practice-by-punching-teammate,51324649d7fc7b5670523cb6"]http://thegrio.com/2010/08/19/nfl-player-caps-night-practice-by-punching-teammate/[/URL]

Edited the link...
    Last edited by Slapstick; 03-30-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    Yeah. Me too.
    I have always been "intrigued" by Blount.. so I do like this signing. I like the quality depth, spells/breathers to Bell, and Q4 pounding.

I may get hammered for this, but while I do like and have high hopes for Bell.. he is not exactly a proven commodity either... so this is also a good signing in case of another injury or lapse in production.
    Depends on what you mean by proven. I would agree we don't know exactly what we have in terms of longevity or the ability to carry 350 times in a season. But, we do know the guy can run and catch. We know that he thrives finding yards that are not there...somehow being productive even when the blocking isn't there.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    It's cool that we got him and funny that both RB's have the initials "LB."
    And both of our "Elby's" happen to be "Big Boys"

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I like the idea of a steelers jersey, "Blount" on the nameplate, and #47.
    Alas, he has been given Dwyer's old 27. I say if Mel's 47 is good enough for Scott [EMAIL="#&@%ing"]#&@%ing[/EMAIL] Shields, then it's good enough for another Blount.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Here is the story about the Tennessee incident:

[URL="http://mobile.thegrio.com/thegrio/#!/entry/nfl-player-caps-practice-by-punching-teammate,51324649d7fc7b5670523cb6"]http://thegrio.com/2010/08/19/nfl-player-caps-night-practice-by-punching-teammate/[/URL]

Edited the link...
    That's as much of a non-story as can be. Guys in camp, having their helmet ripped off, twice in a row, throws a short punch to a guy with a helmet on? That couldn't be more of a non story. And, coaches actually encourage some fights in camp. They don't think players are getting amped enough if a few don't break out here and there. Do they want fights that end up caving in a players face like Steve Smith and some others? No. But the general hit a dude in the helmet is no big deal.