Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blount Signed to 2 Year Deal

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Well on that video he runs kind of like Bell. Maybe even more open field speed. Not as shifty as Bell I think. Going to be a very nice running game I think. Just hope he can keep his temper in check.
    Right. And I like that he has a raging anger inside of him; it's why he is the back he is. As long as he doesn't throw down, he will be fine. This guy won't get all mellow like Dwyer. No way. And the fact that he won't have that many touches means he will always be fresh and a real headache to defenders. This makes me feel like we could be contenders again; not just this one signing, but the whole direction they are going.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know that I'm that thrilled about this signing. Blount isn't a great blocker, isn't a receiving threat, and needs to have the O-line open up big holes in order to be successful. He doesn't exactly fit into the 3rd-down back mold. Maybe he splits the "primary back" duty with Bell? But y'all seem to think he fills the bill, so I'll hope along with yas.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I don't know that I'm that thrilled about this signing. Blount isn't a great blocker, isn't a receiving threat, and needs to have the O-line open up big holes in order to be successful. He doesn't exactly fit into the 3rd-down back mold. Maybe he splits the "primary back" duty with Bell? But y'all seem to think he fills the bill, so I'll hope along with yas.
    Here is how I feel he fits the bill. Bell is known as a 3 down back. I see Bell staying on the field 3rd downs, which means he will need a blow during the game, which Blount is very capable. So, since LB can spell Bell throughout the game, it allows us to have our 3rd down back fresh, which is actually Bell. Maybe they go, two series Bell, one series LB. And so on. And I don't think he needs bigger holes than other backs; as a matter of fact, he breaks tackles and makes some of his own holes if you watch that video I posted.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like this signing. We have two big backs that at least will fall forward for positive yardage if nothing else. This will also allow the offense to maintain a strong physical presence. It could be that the team is waiting to see if LaSH will be recovered enough come training camp to bring him back around. They seemed to like him, but he really hasn't been a priority because of the injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Contract bar gets even lower for LeGarrette Blount

Posted by Mike Florio on March 28, 2014

Former Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount finished strong in 2013, exploding for 166 yards and four touchdowns in a playoff win over the Colts.

But that wasn’t enough to get Blount big money. It wasn’t even enough to get Blount paid at a rate reflecting the currently depressed market.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Blount’s two-year deal in Pittsburgh has a total value of $3.85 million, $950,000 of which comes from a signing bonus. That’s a per-year average of $1.925 million, well below the $3.5 million paid out to three guys who have signed new contracts since March 11 (Toby Gerhart, Donald Brown, Ben Tate).

It’s a bargain for the Steelers, who surely will use Blount again and again and again, either as a complement to Le’Veon Bell or an injury replacement. And it gives them Blount for two full seasons, no matter how much he produces in 2014.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/28/contract-bar-gets-even-lower-for-legarrette-blount/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

So glad we got this guy. To me, he reminds me of the mean running of Lynch or Peterson with an extra gear. He hits holes with velocity and just explodes out of them. If you meet him in that hole, he will thump you. Dude just has to keep his eye on the prize.

STOKED!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great Deal. Runs like BAM MORRIS could have if he got his pads lower when he needed too.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Forgot to mention his return ability.

Damn!

Grand Larceny by The Steelers.

Backup

User Info Menu

After reading about the contract I like the signing even more. Getting a bruising back below market value and hurting the pats* at the same time is a FA masterpiece. I've been hard on Colbert for several years now but this is a great move. Like was talked about above, Bell is the 3rd down back so you can use LB to rest him and you also have a starting caliber RB in case Bell gets hurt. Brilliant move.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just saw a video of him returning Kickoffs.
    That might be a huge missing element for the Steelers here.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!