Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Aaron Donald...

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Actually, quite a few moch drafts have him going before #15. He was probably the best performing DL at the combine. I often wondered if he could be a Levon Kirkland like ILB?????

    It's a shame we pass on talent like him because we are wedded to a system versus getting the best players.
    And how many players have thrived in Pittsburgh that wouldn't have been a good fit in other systems. For DPOY James Harrison is a perfect example. He is not a good fit in a 4-3, where he wouldn't have nearly the opportunity to rush the passer that he did in Pittsburgh.

    I know you love the 4-3, but the Steelers or any other franchise would be absolutely foolish to change their system to accommodate a potential draftee.

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,904
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    And how many players have thrived in Pittsburgh that wouldn't have been a good fit in other systems. For DPOY James Harrison is a perfect example. He is not a good fit in a 4-3, where he wouldn't have nearly the opportunity to rush the passer that he did in Pittsburgh.

    I know you love the 4-3, but the Steelers or any other franchise would be absolutely foolish to change their system to accommodate a potential draftee.
    I don't disagree but JH isn't a good example... he's old.

  3. #13
    James harrison wasnt a "good fit" for a 34 either lol.

    He was just a beast

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,195
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    And how many players have thrived in Pittsburgh that wouldn't have been a good fit in other systems. For DPOY James Harrison is a perfect example. He is not a good fit in a 4-3, where he wouldn't have nearly the opportunity to rush the passer that he did in Pittsburgh.

    I know you love the 4-3, but the Steelers or any other franchise would be absolutely foolish to change their system to accommodate a potential draftee.
    It's not about Donald, its about the many players we don't consider becauise of scheme and those who we do who can't "convert."

    The 4-3 is a more flexible and forgiving scheme in terms of incorporating new talent. That's always been my issue.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,866
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Schematically hes not a good fit.

    Hes just plays ball though, some guys can just play.


    Realistically at his size he can play any dline or even linebacker position for us. Bull rush on the outside, be a hammer on the inside.

    Would feel soooo much better about taking him if he were a second round prospect though

    Yes... as in, can you say LT Kelvin Beachum...?

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's not about Donald, its about the many players we don't consider becauise of scheme and those who we do who can't "convert."

    The 4-3 is a more flexible and forgiving scheme in terms of incorporating new talent. That's always been my issue.
    And if there were any evidence of the 4-3 being more flexible and forgiving, I would agree...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don't disagree but JH isn't a good example... he's old.
    Even when he was younger, he'd be miscast as a 4-3 DE or OLB.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,686
    Let's just change our scheme every draft just so we can make Ovi happy.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,195
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Let's just change our scheme every draft just so we can make Ovi happy.
    Just once will be fine, but thank you for the offer and consideration!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,686
    Ovi fails to realize how many "Can't MISS" prospects fail every year in the 43 defense. Remember Courtney Brown? The DT from LSU? God, there's hundreds.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •