Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Ray Rice indicted for aggravated assault

Legend

User Info Menu

OT: Ray Rice indicted for aggravated assault

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/27/ray-rice-indicted-for-aggravated-assault/[/URL]

Ray Rice indicted for aggravated assault
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 27, 2014, 4:42 PM EDT
    Ray Rice AP

Ravens running back Ray Rice has been indicted on one count of aggravated assault in connection with an incident with his fiancee last month in Atlantic City.

A press release from the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office says that Rice was indicted for “attempting to cause significant bodily injury, and/or purposely or knowing causing such injury, and/or recklessly causing such injury under extreme indifference to the value of human life.”

When Rice was initially arrested, his attorney claimed Rice and his fiancee had only a “very minor physical altercation.” Rice’s fiancee was initially also arrested for allegedly assaulting Rice, but that charge has been dismissed.

If Rice is convicted he faces three to five years in prison.
    Sorry I posted this on this forum, but if he misses the season, it does directly effect the Steelers.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Ups the ante for Mr. Blount...the Ravens had already expressed interest in him; they will likely now be much more aggressive in trying to sign him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Waiting til Friday may have ended up hurting the Steelers signing Blount
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hes not signed yet and tomoro is Friday.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Hes not signed yet and tomoro is Friday.
    Now that the Pats have re-signed Wilfork, they will probably turn their attention to getting something done with Blount.

It may take a little bit more than expected (money and/or contract length) to pry Blount away.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Now that the Pats have re-signed Wilfork, they will probably turn their attention to getting something done with Blount.

It may take a little bit more than expected (money and/or contract length) to pry Blount away.
    I think BB would really like to have him back. He did a great job down the stretch for them.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I think BB would really like to have him back. He did a great job down the stretch for them.
    It would be interesting to see what he could do with a healthy Gronk in the line-up. (Of course, that would only last for a few games until Gronk gets hurt again. )

Legend

User Info Menu

Blount's 'role' could just as easily be filled by a mid-round draft pick. Larod Stephens-Howling is the forgotten man in this. He was signed last season to be the 3rd down guy & was doing well in pre-season. Sign him, Felix Jones & draft a guy. Problem solved.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Blount's 'role' could just as easily be filled by a mid-round draft pick. Larod Stephens-Howling is the forgotten man in this. He was signed last season to be the 3rd down guy & was doing well in pre-season. Sign him, Felix Jones & draft a guy. Problem solved.
    Chadman, I like your posts, and I usually agree; however, this is not one of the times!

We need every draft pick possible to focus on Defense. LSH is still not 100% from injury, might not be the same ( speed and agility was his forte). Felix Jones was nothing special, Blount signing could give them a great 1-2 punch, like how the Ravens had with Rice and Pierce. And I wonder what does Felix Jones is price compared to Blount.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I think this sounds more like the route the Steelers will take.