Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Ray Rice indicted for aggravated assault

Legend

User Info Menu

Getting back to the original post...I wonder what an indictment is worth on the suspension scale. We know that accusations by drunk chicks and psychos gets you six games with a possible reduction to four. By that scale, an actual indictment should get you at least 8 games, with or without conviction.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ray Lewis will be elevated to Deputy Commisioner and Rice will get slapped with an anger management class...then his image will be repaired in the media with a human interest story on his childhood and what he had to overcome.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just find it ironic, but not surprising, that the media talking heads (especially former players) who were calling for Ben to be crucified are essentially silent about punishment for their boy Ray Rice. Ben was simply accused and Rice has been indicted yet silence. Just goes to show you why Ben was really made an example of doesn't it?
    Last edited by Oviedo; 03-29-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Breaking news ....... .......... ........... ............

While reviewing the security video tape of the Ray Rice incident, the head of the N.F.L. Roger Goodell's tape player burst into flames destroying all evidence of what happened. All charges against Ray have been dropped.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Getting back to the original post...I wonder what an indictment is worth on the suspension scale. We know that accusations by drunk chicks and psychos gets you six games with a possible reduction to four. By that scale, an actual indictment should get you at least 8 games, with or without conviction.
    My thoughts exactly. Except for the Goodell double standard... and the fact that everyone just knew Ben was a serial rapist.. while this is only the first time that Ray has knocked out and dragged a woman.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Except for the Goodell double standard... and the fact that everyone just knew Ben was a serial rapist.. while this is only the first time that Ray has knocked out and dragged a woman.
    In the Rice case, we may have the only possible situation in which the female in question was drunker than Miss DTF.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I just find it ironic, but not surprising, that the media talking heads (especially former players) who were calling for Ben to be crucified are essentially silent about punishment for their boy Ray Rice. Ben was simply accused and Rice has Ben indicted yet silence. Just goes to show you why Ben was really made an example of doesn't it?
    Big Ben is a much larger name than Ray Rice...

Everyone wants Ben to get national recognition on the field yet want him to be treated like any other athlete off the field. It doesn't work that way.

Players aren't created equal. Ben, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning.... those guys will be front page all day everyday.

...and domestic violence is a little different than 2 sexual assault accusations.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I just find it ironic, but not surprising, that the media talking heads (especially former players) who were calling for Ben to be crucified are essentially silent about punishment for their boy Ray Rice. Ben was simply accused and Rice has been indicted yet silence. Just goes to show you why Ben was really made an example of doesn't it?
    There is a big difference between a rape and a 3rd degree assault. Heck, many of them imagine how lippy the chick could have been and are just glad it wasn't them. Ben didn't have to be indicted since most were using the ridiculous "where there's smoke" canard.

Legend

User Info Menu

A day after his indictment, Rice married the woman he'd knocked out and dragged around...I kid you not.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/29/a-day-after-indictment-ray-rice-gets-married/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    A day after his indictment, Rice married the woman he'd knocked out and dragged around...I kid you not.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/29/a-day-after-indictment-ray-rice-gets-married/[/URL]
    Wow, this reminds me of what one of my former guitar players once said. He was always really nice to the lady's, but they were constantly walking on him. His response one day was, "I think if I hit her she'd be mine for life."

At the end of the day, I don't think this will probably go very far.