Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Reluctant Steelers Team Might Find Itself On Reality TV

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    If we do it, then we absolutely have to re-sign James Harrison for depth. He was hilarious last year with how much he hated those cameras being there.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    As a die hard fan I'd love to watch them on Hard Knocks, but if its even a slight distraction I'd prefer they pick another team.
    Exactly how I feel. I love the show, but I wouldn't want them to be on if it hurts their chances of winning in any way. I have only seen one team who was featured have a good season afterwards - the Bengals I believe. Everyone else had a crap season after being on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If we do it, then we absolutely have to re-sign James Harrison for depth. He was hilarious last year with how much he hated those cameras being there.
    If Deebo comes back the rookies need to stay away from arm wrestling him...

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    This, however, I hope they aren't forced to do it. Why would the NFL force a team to do it, when there are teams that appear to be willing and enjoy the moment? IMO, if your heart isn't in it then it will be boring and really contrived. Tomlin's against it, so the NFL should consider his wishes and find other teams that actually want to be part of it.

pappy
    because they have one of the NFL's premeir programs and don't often get the chance to put them on it... well, haven't yet had the chance and since the rule is that you have to miss twice consecutively, if they don't choose the steelers NOW, they worry about when the next opportunity will happen.

I would imagine the Steelers and Giants are frontrunners, considering they each have a couple of recent super bowls and a franchise QB - i.e., just rebuilding and possibly could make the playoffs this year and be removed from the list.

Even with Tomlin's lobbying, i would say that the odds are 33% Steelers, 33% Giants, 34% the rest (Jags, Raiders, Rams, Bills, Bears, Cardinals).
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend
    Please force the Steelers to do it. I love the show. I loved when the Pens were on. And I'd love when the Steelers were on even more.

They don't wanna do it? So what?

Sometimes we all need to be pushed outside of our comfort zone before great things can happen.

Those that don't want them to be forced into it can protest by not watching. I'll watch every second if the Steelers are on. I bet Joey Porter is the coolest guy ever on Hard Knocks. The world deserves to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Please force the Steelers to do it. I love the show. I loved when the Pens were on. And I'd love when the Steelers were on even more.

Sometimes we all need to be pushed outside of our comfort zone before great things can happen.

Those that don't want them to be forced into it can protest by not watching. I'll watch every second if the Steelers are on. I bet Joey Porter is the coolest guy ever on Hard Knocks. The world deserves to see him.
    I agree. I would love to see them on there. I get to watch training camp highlights from the donkeys, so anything on the Steelers would be a godsend.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    because they have one of the NFL's premeir programs and don't often get the chance to put them on it... well, haven't yet had the chance and since the rule is that you have to miss twice consecutively, if they don't choose the steelers NOW, they worry about when the next opportunity will happen.

I would imagine the Steelers and Giants are frontrunners, considering they each have a couple of recent super bowls and a franchise QB - i.e., just rebuilding and possibly could make the playoffs this year and be removed from the list.

Even with Tomlin's lobbying, i would say that the odds are 33% Steelers, 33% Giants, 34% the rest (Jags, Raiders, Rams, Bills, Bears, Cardinals).
    To me they are premier teams because they don't stoop doing these gimmicky types of promotion. The NFL doesn't need to become the WCW or whatever the wrestling entertainment show is called. That's what it feels like to me when I see hard knocks.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

While it's true that being pushed out of your comfort zone can spur growth, it's not the case that being on this show makes a team better. The Steelers release what they want to on Steelers.com.

The team should get to decide if the want to be on the show or not. They should not be forced to do it.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Tell me I am wrong but the Steeler Culture is simply not about dramatics, theatrics and other forms of attention wh@re distractions like this.
    Do you guys remember how Tomlin got kinda punked by Santa a while back?
    Next will be cheerleaders as mandatory props. Actually Steeler Cheerleader tryouts may get my attention