Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Only NT not being addressed by FA...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Nix is the only defensive guy we can draft who starts day 1. I agree with you. I'm not saying Nix should be the pick because of early PT, but it doesn't hurt.
    I think a first round ILB could start on day 1 over VW.

Legend

User Info Menu

Probably, but I doubt over Moats.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I just don't see Nix being rated higher than Gilbert, Dennard and possibly Mosley on the Steelers board. At least 1 of those 3 will be available if they go defense. I think there is an outside chance that Anthony Barr might fall to 1.15 as well which might make sense if Worilds is not signed to a long term deal.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I just don't see Nix being rated higher than Gilbert, Dennard and possibly Mosley on the Steelers board. At least 1 of those 3 will be available if they go defense. I think there is an outside chance that Anthony Barr might fall to 1.15 as well which might make sense if Worilds is not signed to a long term deal.
    I agree. I see one of those three falling to the Steelers with the most likely to be Mosley. I think the Steelers draft board would look like this...

1) Evans
    2) Dennard
    3) Gilbert
    4) Mosley
    5) Ebron

Of those 5 Mosley and Ebron have a good chance of being there...and there is a 50/50 chance one of the DBs fall.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yep. I don't think that was all on him, though...PFF didn't either...it would seem the Steelers agree...
    This I agree.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I agree. I see one of those three falling to the Steelers with the most likely to be Mosley. I think the Steelers draft board would look like this...

1) Evans
    2) Dennard
    3) Gilbert
    4) Mosley
    5) Ebron

Of those 5 Mosley and Ebron have a good chance of being there...and there is a 50/50 chance one of the DBs fall.
    I might put Ebron over Mosley but who knows....That's like arguing over Dennard & Gilbert.

What if Anthony Barr is there. Does he top the Steelers draft board over Evans. I would think Barr might be seen as BPA over Evans in the Steelers eyes.

Also, I think the Steelers like Benjamin (WR Florida State) but WR is so deep this year and it doesn't appear anyone thinks he's rated nearly high enough to go 1.15.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Another benefit of Nix is that it solves two problems with one fell swoop. Nix settles in at NT and McClendon moves over to DE where hes more suited as a penetrator. That gets us our man in the middle and also upgrades a position where we have little depth. Run defense fixed, I don't care who is at LB. Heyward - Nix - McClendon
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

McLendon doesn't hold the line well enough at NT. As a DE, he should be more effective- much like Kimo was. He can then shed some of the '330lbs' he apparently got up to, and go back to under 300lbs where he was much more effective in penetrating...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Another benefit of Nix is that it solves two problems with one fell swoop. Nix settles in at NT and McClendon moves over to DE where hes more suited as a penetrator. That gets us our man in the middle and also upgrades a position where we have little depth. Run defense fixed, I don't care who is at LB. Heyward - Nix - McClendon
    ...and that supposed "benefit" likely perpetuates the problems of lack of depth at WR and poor performance in the red zone.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think some are missing the fundamental question at hand.... It's not whether Nix would be better than McClendon at NT. It's whether Nix is worth the 15th overall pick.

I don't see the Steelers rating Nix higher on their draft board than a Gilbert, Mosley, Dennard, Evans, Ebron, Anthony Barr, amongst others. I just don't see that being the case and I don't dispute the need at NT....