Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Only NT not being addressed by FA...

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think some are missing the fundamental question at hand.... It's not whether Nix would be better than McClendon at NT. It's whether Nix is worth the 15th overall pick.

I don't see the Steelers rating Nix higher on their draft board than a Gilbert, Mosley, Dennard, Evans, Ebron, Anthony Barr, amongst others. I just don't see that being the case and I don't dispute the need at NT....
    $$$$
    Unless the Steelers can get Nix by trading down toward the end of the 1st round/early 2nd round, they'd be better off waiting to take one of the next best NT prospects.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and that supposed "benefit" likely perpetuates the problems of lack of depth at WR and poor performance in the red zone.
    So by that logic, drafting a third receiver would perpetuate the dramatic drop off in run defense and inability to put the opposing offense in third and long situations.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think some are missing the fundamental question at hand.... It's not whether Nix would be better than McClendon at NT. It's whether Nix is worth the 15th overall pick.

I don't see the Steelers rating Nix higher on their draft board than a Gilbert, Mosley, Dennard, Evans, Ebron, Anthony Barr, amongst others. I just don't see that being the case and I don't dispute the need at NT....
    Nix is not worth the #15 pick when it means potentially passing on players like Gilbert, Mosley, Dennard, Evans, Ebron, Marquise Lee, Anthony Barr, etc. All are better than Nix. We can get another NT later in Round 3 or 4.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think a first round ILB could start on day 1 over VW.
    Absolutely agree. IMO, this is currently the largest hole in the defense. Opposite Timmons, we have a bunch of capable backups but no true starter.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Did I say I did? It's a question asked for discussion.
    k

i was just asking

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Absolutely agree. IMO, this is currently the largest hole in the defense. Opposite Timmons, we have a bunch of capable backups but no true starter.
    We don't know that. We don't know how much improved VW is and whether Spence is healthy. We don't know how the Steelers think about Garvin but I say he has a lot of potential considering he saw playing time last year.

On defense, I'd prefer Gilbert or Dennard and possibly even Anthony Barr if Worilds doesn't sign a long term deal by the draft.