Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers receive 3 compensatory picks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers receive 3 compensatory picks

The NFL announced compensatory draft picks today.

Teresa VarleySteelers.com

The Steelers were awarded three compensatory picks for the 2014 NFL Draft, all based on their losses and gains in free agency from last year.

The Steelers will receive a third-round pick, the 97th pick overall in the draft; a fifth-round pick, the 173rd pick overall; and a sixth-round pick, the 215th pick overall.

Free Agents Lost in 2013: WR Mike Wallace, CB Keenan Lewis, RB Rashard Mendenhall, FS
    [URL="http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/will-allen/12e7d31e-6126-4194-b4cf-71d15fa45f6b/"]Will Allen[/URL], SS Ryan Mundy

Free Agents Signed in 2013: QB
    [URL="http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/bruce-gradkowski/4824ad25-e658-4fdc-b974-1b151272e355/"]Bruce Gradkowski[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Comp picks are in n we get 3 selections.

Steelers to receive picks 97,173 and 215. That's a 3rd 5th and 6th. We now have 9 total selections which is not bad.

Backup

User Info Menu

Comp Picks Announced

Steelers get a 3rd, 5th, and 6th. The 3rd rounder is pick #97 overall.

Legend

User Info Menu

How many comp. picks were awarded league wide?

I like that 97th pick. We should be able to get some really good value there.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nice. We need a volume of picks. The more picks, the luckier you get. We really need to draft some quality players if we are to become a contender again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    How many comp. picks were awarded league wide?

I like that 97th pick. We should be able to get some really good value there.
    Agreed. If this draft is indeed as deep as they say, that is a sweet place to be.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a great draft to have a few comps

Rookie

User Info Menu

I believe that the league awards a maximum of 32 comp picks and a single team may have a maximum of three...but, don't quote me on that...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I believe that the league awards a maximum of 32 comp picks and a single team may have a maximum of three...but, don't quote me on that...
    Yeah Slapstick 32 picks issued and the Jets did manage to get 4 and 4 is the maximum allowed.We did get the 1st comp pick in round 3 and 5 with the last comp pick in round 6. I thought we'd get a 3,5 and 7 so I'm glad I was wrong about that. This is a very good year to have 9 picks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Yeah Slapstick 32 picks issued and the Jets did manage to get 4 and 4 is the maximum allowed.We did get the 1st comp pick in round 3 and 5 with the last comp pick in round 6. I thought we'd get a 3,5 and 7 so I'm glad I was wrong about that. This is a very good year to have 9 picks.
    Yea I was thinking one in the seventh too. Very good news!!
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska