Round 2, Pick 14 (46)- Stephon Tuitt, DE; Notre Dame
    Round 3b, Pick 33 (97)- Dri Archer, RB; Kent State
    Round 4, Pick 18 (118 )- Martavis Bryant, WR; Clemson
    Round 5, Pick 17 (157)- Shaquille Richardson, CB; Arizona
    Round 5b, Pick 33 (173)- Wesley Johnson, OT; Vanderbilt
    Round 6, Pick 16 (192)- Jordan Zumwalt, OLB; UCLA
    Round 6b, Pick 39 (215)- Daniel McCullers, DT; Tennessee
    Round 7, Pick 15 (230)- Rob Branchflower, TE; Massachusetts

Buffalo signed two FA LB's and never made him an offer. Red Flag here ....being from Western NY I have watched him play. Nothing special but not awful either. Definitely an upgrade from Sylvester at ILB but not sure about Special Teams
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer
    I will just say this. He would be an under the radar signing we look back on as a very good signing. Mitchell signing is what it looks like on paper. We know what they expect. Don't be surprised if the Steelers do sign Moats...Moats & Timmons end up the starters. Moats just turned 26 a week ago too.

The Steelers got their guy in Mitchell. I always thought the best route would be the FS in FA. They Steelers lost many in FA but many of these under the radar types are plugging holes predraft. They get Moats done & Blount...That would be huge. I still would like Carrington to be the topper. That would solidify EVERYTHING. Now you look at the draft...And really the menu is wide open. No certainty has to fall back on rookies but more importantly...They can jump on skill players for immediate contribution. The 2 biggest areas of "Want" are the 2 deepest in this draft...CB & WR. The is a very very good chance that the draft falls to where they could address them at 1-2 & double dip again later.

I haven't seen him play, but adding a veteran ILB for depth would be a great move. Back to his old combine numbers, he has good size and good straight line speed at least:

http://www.nfl.com/player/arthurmoats/496825/combine

Hopefully he can be a Keyaron Fox type signing. A key special teamer who provides veteran depth.

A little trivia about Moats. He was the one that ended Favre's consecutive game streak when he sacked him. I only remember this because my daughter was in Moats' wedding party. She is good friends with his wife.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I will just say this. He would be an under the radar signing we look back on as a very good signing. Mitchell signing is what it looks like on paper. We know what they expect. Don't be surprised if the Steelers do sign Moats...Moats & Timmons end up the starters. Moats just turned 26 a week ago too.

The Steelers got their guy in Mitchell. I always thought the best route would be the FS in FA. They Steelers lost many in FA but many of these under the radar types are plugging holes predraft. They get Moats done & Blount...That would be huge. I still would like Carrington to be the topper. That would solidify EVERYTHING. Now you look at the draft...And really the menu is wide open. No certainty has to fall back on rookies but more importantly...They can jump on skill players for immediate contribution. The 2 biggest areas of "Want" are the 2 deepest in this draft...CB & WR. The is a very very good chance that the draft falls to where they could address them at 1-2 & double dip again later.
    According to PFT, Steelers signed Arthur Moats to a one-year deal today.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    According to PFT, Steelers signed Arthur Moats to a one-year deal today.
    That's a good signing right there imo. He has good position flexibilty. He will be a very good ST if nothing else. I don't see why he shouldn't take a shot at the inside starting spot. Chris Carter just got a bad feeling in his stomach.

At this point, the Steelers are entering the draft with credible starting options at every spot with the exception of left defensive end. They still need depth at WR and RB and could use plenty of improvement, but they don't have to reach for need.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    At this point, the Steelers are entering the draft with credible starting options at every spot with the exception of left defensive end. They still need depth at WR and RB and could use plenty of improvement, but they don't have to reach for need.
    They signed a DE, LilZilla...Cam Thomas. Per Tomlin, he is to be used at DE, not NT.