Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Moore and the Steelers reach 2 yr deal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lance Moore and the Steelers reach 2 yr deal.

Just saw it on the Bleacher Report ... Albert Breer tweeted it
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

GREAT NEWS!!!

beat me by a minute. I just got the Bleacher Report and tried to post but saw you had it up!

I guess we can pencil him in as the #2?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like Anotnio Brown moore is easy to "throw open" because he loses no speed in making cuts and in and out of his breaks...hes small though and hasnt been very durable lately. hes not cotchery, but hes a nice backup plan

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like the player. But, he is another smallish receiver. Seems like we have a lot of those. I wonder how his game will translate to the Heinz field slop
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lance Moore signs with Steelers

Updated: March 21, 2014
    By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers quickly filled the void left by Jerricho Cotchery's departure, signing former New Orleans Saints wide receiver Lance Moore to a two-year contract Friday.

Moore visited the Steelers earlier this week, and signing him became a priority after the Carolina Panthers lured Cotchery away from Pittsburgh with a two-year, $5 million contract.

Moore took to Twitter on Friday afternoon, saying he is "excited" to join the Steelers.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10647526/lance-moore-signs-pittsburgh-steelers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I like the player. But, he is another smallish receiver. Seems like we have a lot of those. I wonder how his game will translate to the Heinz field slop
    Welker is effective on the Denver grass and Edelman is effective on the New England grass. Moore should be able to be effective on the Pittsburgh grass, because he plays a similar role to those style of possession receivers operating out of the slot like that.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think new england plays on turf

Hes a lot like Brown, i think he'll be fine. He could be a guy that averages 5 yards a catch or 20 yards a catch depending on how they want to use him lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Desperation signing. Not great, not awful. Reminds me of the Courtney Hawkins signing back in the day.
    At $2.5 million a year if he can replace Emmanuel Sanders numbers that would be fine.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Desperation signing. Not great, not awful. Reminds me of the Courtney Hawkins signing back in the day.
    At $2.5 million a year if he can replace Emmanuel Sanders numbers that would be fine.
    They've had Moore in their sights since before Cotchery went to Carolina. What's desperate about it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Where did you read its 2.5 million per year?