Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Moore and the Steelers reach 2 yr deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    To your point, as one coach said, a pass can only result in 3 things and 2 of them are bad.
    i always wondered about that phrase/

cant a running play end in a fumble or run for no gain/loss of yardage

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Agreed.

hausparty, Pap isn't calling you out, but, generally saying that all the guys wanting to pick up FA WRs and draft WRs and TE's early so we can score 50 per game aren't really getting it right. iirc, the Rams were really the last team to score a zillion and make their way to the Super Bowl. Even when Manning did it, he had Freeney, Bob Sanders and a slew of underappreciated stars on defense.

And that's why the broncos have let WRs go and totally focused on Defense this offseason (Demarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, TJ Ward) with their big offensive pickup beign Emanuel Sanders. I give John Elway lots of credit for his vision with this squad. He knows with Manning, he can win any game - as long as the defense can stop somebody.

It's the same philosophy we should have with Ben. Our team isn't made up that way, and one or 2 WRs isn't going to suddenly make it happen. Mike Wallace was amazing during his stretch, but, even then, we didn't score 50 a game. And we won't find a WR either in FA or the draft that can be as good this year as Wallace was, at his best.
    they've brought in more guys then they've let go since manning has been there

welker, sanders vs. decker

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Funny how wanting a #2 WR or a younger pass catching TE to the offense early in a draft make you a fan of arena football, cause the passing game has nothing to do with the NFL and gearing up your franshise QB with key components to help him in the final stretch of his career is always just so dumb cause its not steeler smashmouth rah rah football

Theyve got their RB, theyve theoretically got their oline after a rough few years, they have a scheme that ben is making his own....only two glaring holes on the team are #2 WR (because they arent going anywhere force feeding the ball to brown 150 times a year) and a few spots on the defense....none of which cannot be resolved in a single draft. If theres one thing fans do, especially spoiled ones like us is really overestimate how long it take to right the ship after a poor season or two
    $$

i often wonder how many pay attention to the rest of the league when i read some of these posts.
    no, we dont need to score 50 points to win. but you better well be able to pass the ball in this league if you want to win.

they point to denver and say "see, a great offense didnt win it"
    but guess what, they were in the superbowl and probably a blown coverage away from reaching it 2 years in a row... while we were 8-8

yeah, we didnt win a title with wallace as our number 1. but we certainly got much farther with a loss in the SB with him compared to where we finished with AB being our #1 receiver.

sad to think more fans would be happy seeing a wishbone offense rather then 3 WR set as the base. even with a franchise QB at the helm

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    sad to think more fans would be happy seeing a wishbone offense rather then 3 WR set as the base. even with a franchise QB at the helm
    That isn't the case, though...

If our defense had stopped anyone these last two years, fans would be all in on a WR...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I miss the days of the strong defense and running game to win. I don't really care for this pass-happy, score 50 points league, but it is what it is.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerfan View Post
    I miss the days of the strong defense and running game to win. I don't really care for this pass-happy, score 50 points league, but it is what it is.
    Ask Seattle if strong defense and running game still works.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Ask Seattle if strong defense and running game still works.
    Ask the panthers or the chiefs if they wish their offense was better
    Last edited by K Train; 03-27-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ask the Steelers if they wish their defense was better...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Top 2 needs on the team are WR and Pass rush. The back end of the defense works itself out if you can generate sacks and pressures. Dont care if its OLBs, or DEs, or NTs....something needs to be done to fix the pass rush

Working on a 3 round mock right now, realistically i have the steelers choosing between barr and mosely, im leaning Barr. The putrid sack totals need to step it up

Backup

User Info Menu

Defense might win championships but a good offense can get you to the dance.

I believe a better offensive team beat us in a few Superbowls: Cowboys and Packers. Kurt Warner also tried to prove that point to us.