Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Moore and the Steelers reach 2 yr deal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lance Moore was an afterthought behind the Saint's loaded offense: From Colston to Jimmy Graham to Darren Sproles etc. With Ben, he'll have a chance to be a good possesion receiver and is a big upgrade over Sanders. I don't get all the hate either....who else was out there to grab?

And Wheaton? He's no more than a dream for us right now. Hopefully he will step up. And having the veteran presence of a Moore is nothing but a good thing for Wheaton's development.
    Last edited by skyhawk; 03-22-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Lance Moore was an afterthought behind the Saint's loaded offense: From Colston to Jimmy Graham to Darren Sproles etc. With Ben, he'll have a chance to be a good possesion receiver and is a big upgrade over Sanders. I don't get all the hate either....who else was out there to grab?

And Wheaton? He's no more than a dream for us right now. Hopefully he will step up. And having the veteran presence of a Moore is nothing but a good thing for Wheaton's development.
    I don't think anyone HATES this signing. I just think fans are frustrated that we don't have a legit #2 guy.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post

a big upgrade over sanders? Possible, I suppose.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I didn't know a whole lot on Cotchery when he signed and I grew to like him. I'll do the same with Moore. My only hesitation is that he's 5'9". I think the Steelers needed to sign a vet though and I hope he'll do well. Hopefully Brown or Moye will come out of a successful TC and give us some of that size needed for the position. Or a draft pick..

FA WRs this year were slim pickings imo. Earl Bennet would have given a little more size but he left Chicago because he didn't want a paycut (probably more to it that I don't know) so he prob. wouldn't even sniff an offer from the Steelers.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont have the optimism you do
    moore wont produce as well as cotch did
    moye hardly had a catch or saw the field
    wheaton is injury prone and only had a few catches

it would take a DC a couple minutes to come up with a game plan to shut down that group of wrs

for that lineup to be as good or better than last year is nothing short of a pipe dream
    How many Tds did Coth have combined before this year with the Steelers. Look it up Mr. Doom
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here's the MORAL of the STORY:
    It's a good signing but We still need to draft a WR or pass catching TE in the 1st or 2nd round
    Last edited by SidSmythe; 03-23-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

JC prior to last season
    2 seasons 33 rec 2 tds
    Moore is a excellent pickup, the guy is a baller and catches like Hines with equal or better hands and will make the tough catch.
    Teams slept on him in FA and the Steelers didn't.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    JC prior to last season
    2 seasons 33 rec 2 tds
    Moore is a excellent pickup, the guy is a baller and catches like Hines with equal or better hands and will make the tough catch.
    Teams slept on him in FA and the Steelers didn't.
    Bingo... excellent pick up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Watching this, maybe not the speed of Sanders, but 10x the hands:

Seems this is a one-for-one swap with Cotch.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He sure knows how to give extra to make a catch. Hopefully he turns out to be a good signing when they start playing!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa