Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Moore and the Steelers reach 2 yr deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

This signing softens the blow of losing Cotch, that's for sure. I still expect us to go WR early in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I still expect us to go WR early in the draft.
    if Mike Evans is still available when it's our turn at 1(15), he's a Steeler.

and if not, there is a lot of value to be had at the WR position on Day 2 of the draft.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    When we signed Jerricho a few years ago, a typical season for him was roughly 60 catches for about 800 or so yards with one 1000 yard season under his belt.

Similarly, with Moore, a typical season for him was roughly 60 catches for about 800 or so yards with one 1000 yard season under his belt.

The main difference is TD production. Until this past season of 10 TD's with Ben, Cotchery was typically good for 2 or 3 TD's per season (with one season of 5 TD's and one season of 6 TD's among them) while Moore already has seasons with 6 TD's, 8 TD's, 8 TD's again, and 10 TD's. Cotchery had 20 TD catches in 7 seasons with the Jets while Moore has nearly double that with 38 TD catches in 9 seasons with the Saints. Sure, having Drew Brees throwing to you helps, but that's some impressive scoring prowess for a guy who is 4 inches shorter than Cotchery.
    I think COTCH benefited from BEN's style. BEN's ability to extend plays and COTCH got most of those TDs at the 2nd half of the season (3 of them were from garbage time in New England) when the O-LINE played better.... I think when the O-Line started to play better it gave BEN more time to find his #3/#4 guy and COTCH benefited big time.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I think COTCH benefited from BEN's style. BEN's ability to extend plays and COTCH got most of those TDs at the 2nd half of the season (3 of them were from garbage time in New England) when the O-LINE played better.... I think when the O-Line started to play better it gave BEN more time to find his #3/#4 guy and COTCH benefited big time.
    Agreed. A smart vet should put up nice numbers with Ben. If he knows that once the improvising starts that he has to find a gap in the D and the QB will find him then he can become a huge resource.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ah, I think the WR's are set. Maybe draft one later in the rounds, but I want to see Derek Moye get his shot now. We upgraded from Cotchery to Moore, we have a 2nd year Wheaton coming into his own, and Brown- the star.

Brown
    Moore
    Moye
    Wheaton
    ??

Not to mention we have Bell out od the backfield and oh yea, Heath....... Draft Defense early and often....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Starter

User Info Menu

Anyone have an opinion on where Justin Brown might fit in this mix, if at all?

I am rooting for him. Hoping for him to find "it" and contribute to this team. At 6'3" and 209, he would be a nice compliment to Brown, Moore, Wheaton and Moye. In terms of his size, at least.

Thoughts?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Ah, I think the WR's are set. Maybe draft one later in the rounds, but I want to see Derek Moye get his shot now. We upgraded from Cotchery to Moore, we have a 2nd year Wheaton coming into his own, and Brown- the star.

Brown
    Moore
    Moye
    Wheaton
    ??

Not to mention we have Bell out od the backfield and oh yea, Heath....... Draft Defense early and often....
    i dont have the optimism you do
    moore wont produce as well as cotch did
    moye hardly had a catch or saw the field
    wheaton is injury prone and only had a few catches

it would take a DC a couple minutes to come up with a game plan to shut down that group of wrs

for that lineup to be as good or better than last year is nothing short of a pipe dream
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on where Justin Brown might fit in this mix, if at all?

I am rooting for him. Hoping for him to find "it" and contribute to this team. At 6'3" and 209, he would be a nice compliment to Brown, Moore, Wheaton and Moye. In terms of his size, at least.

Thoughts?
    They kept him around last year for a reason. Hopefully he will continue to improve...if he has a good preseason, I'd say he will get a shot this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont have the optimism you do
    moore wont produce as well as cotch did
    moye hardly had a catch or saw the field
    wheaton is injury prone and only had a few catches

it would take a DC a couple minutes to come up with a game plan to shut down that group of wrs

for that lineup to be as good or better than last year is nothing short of a pipe dream
    Sorry to hear that. Moye has hardly played and must be given the opportunity to produce. He shows signs of being a decent WR and Ben was out this off-season with him.. I believe I read that somewhere on this board....Not to mention the guy is 6'5" tall. I also think that Lance is an upgrade over Cotch. Cotchery wasn't much of anything before he joined the Steelers and had a big year last year. (could it be because of BB?)

As far as Wheaton, he is/was a rook. Give the guy a chance to get on to the field. Time will tell, but I'm optimistic with this bunch going forward. Pick up another somewhere in the late rounds for some competition and we're good to go.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Cotch also benefited from a lack of trust in Sanders around the goal line.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.