Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Lance Moore and the Steelers reach 2 yr deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    If Lance Moore is your #4 than you probably have a damn good WR corps. Im not sure I get the point here. Cotch would have still been #4 and would have cost a heckuva lot more.
    Exactly... I think its because he was originally brought in to replace Cotch and this is a way of showing it was a mistake.

Doesn't make any sense but also look who bumped the thread.

Moore ws insurance and thank goodness we didn't need to use him. If Cotch was srill here he would cost more and stole playing time from the younger players because he knew the system and had good chemistry with Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Of all the things not to like about this team...this is not one of them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    77th Cotchery 48 rec. 580 yards, 1 td
    190th Moore 14 rec, 198 yards, 2 tds
    A starting WR in Carolina has better numbers than a #4 WR in Pittsburgh? Shocker.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    A starting WR in Carolina has better numbers than a #4 WR in Pittsburgh? Shocker.
    yet Cotchery still had less TD catches, not exactly a great stat to illustrate one's point...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Exactly... I think its because he was originally brought in to replace Cotch and this is a way of showing it was a mistake.

Doesn't make any sense but also look who bumped the thread.

Moore ws insurance and thank goodness we didn't need to use him. If Cotch was srill here he would cost more and stole playing time from the younger players because he knew the system and had good chemistry with Ben.
    sometimes its fun to go back and see how people predictions(or guarantees) worked out.
    #2 wr
    way out produce cotchery
    far superior wr
    stuff like that
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    sometimes its fun to go back and see how people predictions(or guarantees) worked out.
    #2 wr
    way out produce cotchery
    far superior wr
    stuff like that
    there is a reason this thread had 16 pages while Bryant's thread has 60...

once we got Bryant in the 4th I think everyone on this board forgot about Moore and once Bryant got in a game the coaches forgot about him too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers WR Lance Moore: 'I just want to play'

By Dale Grdnic on Jan 8 2015

PITTSBURGH -- Few players could have been as disappointed as Lance Moore when the Pittsburgh Steelers season came to an abrupt end last week.

Sure, the club's first playoff appearance since 2011 was all too brief for everyone involved with the Steelers, but Moore was especially displeased because he didn't even get the chance to make an impact in the game. He ended his first season with the team the way it began, on the inactive list.

A nine-year NFL veteran with 346 career receptions when he signed with the Steelers in the offseason, Moore was held to just 14 catches and two touchdowns in 14 games with two starts when the offense was in a four-wideout set. Moore was inactive the opening two games, played sparingly throughout the season -- other than a season-best 49 snaps against his old team, the New Orleans Saints -- and was deactivated for the playoff loss.

"They said they needed special teams guys,'' Moore said. "And with Le'Veon being out, obviously, the dynamic of the guys who were going to be up was going to be different. And that was pretty much it. (But) It was a playoff game, and everything was on the line. So, I would have liked to be out there. But I'm not the one who makes those decisions. So, I guess we'll see.''

Moore was seen talking with Steelers coach Mike Tomlin long after the team meeting earlier this week, and the content of his exit interview with the head coach is unknown. He really didn't know his plans for the future.

"You'd have to ask the guys upstairs,'' Moore said. "I really don't know. I'm not sure. I played a bunch against New Orleans, and I kind of figured it was going to be that way because that was my old team. But anything after that, I really can't call.''

Moore's original contract with the Steelers was for $3 million over two seasons with Moore's deal with a signing bonus for $645,000. There were no other guarantees, and there generally aren't in the NFL. But Moore believed things should have been relatively simple. At least they were as far as he was concerned.

"I just want to play, Moore said. "So, whether that's here or whether that's somewhere else ... to me, it really doesn't matter. Last year, I left to be involved in this offense. So, those decisions are ones that have to be made down the line.''

Moore basically was the fourth wideout behind Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton and rookie Martavis Bryant.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/1/8/7517123/steelers-wr-lance-moore-just-wants-to-play[/URL]