Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Moore and the Steelers reach 2 yr deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Desperation signing.

Lance Moore and Steelers Agree on 2-Year Contract: Latest Details and Analysis

By Tyler Conway , Featured Columnist Mar 21, 2014

...numerous metrics point to Moore being a good bet. Pro Football Focus' wide receiver rating measured Moore as the No. 30 receiver in the NFL last season. His versatility was key. Moore lined up in the slot and out wide, ranking as an above-average option at both positions.

Football Outsiders' DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) metric had Moore 12th among receivers, though his limited sample of catches depressed his DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement) value a bit.

Worked in as a second or third receiver, Pittsburgh shouldn't have much issue cutting Moore a paycheck in 2014. He'll help in the red zone, catch balls reliably underneath and provide a steadying presence in the locker room.

Not bad for a signing that likely won't create a massive ripple amid the glut of deals.

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1986515-lance-moore-and-steelers-agree-on-2-year-contract-latest-details-and-analysis[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

eeeaash, i hope its for next to nothing.
    this team is treading water
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't understand some of the belly aching over the signing. The Steelers had one proven, dependable WR on the roster (Brown) after Cotchery and Sanders left. They went out and signed another good vet to complement Brown at a decent price tag. Wheaton and Moye will have a chance to win a spot in the offense during training camp but I'm not ready to give it to them by default.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So Lance Moore was Bruce Gradkowski's go to receiver at Toledo. I guess that kind of familiarity is probably a good thing.

Backup

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=The Man of Steel;596688]So Lance Moore was Bruce Gradkowski's go to receiver at Toledo. I guess that kind of familiarity is probably a good thing.[/QUOTE
    If we have Gradkowski throwing to Moore for any other reason than that it is pre-season -----I guarantee that will not be a good thing!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    So Lance Moore was Bruce Gradkowski's go to receiver at Toledo. I guess that kind of familiarity is probably a good thing.
    Too bad Crash isnt here he'd be freaking out that we were going replace Ben.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OK, when i said "desperation signing" i take it everyone got all huffy puffy and didn't read what I said AFTER that.

If anyone thinks that Lance Moore is the answer at #2 WR you're fooling yourselves. I think it's a good signing, but it's not our answer for #2.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

No, it's not.
    Wheaton is the hope at number 2.
    Or Evans/Benjamin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    OK, when i said "desperation signing" i take it everyone got all huffy puffy and didn't read what I said AFTER that.

If anyone thinks that Lance Moore is the answer at #2 WR you're fooling yourselves. I think it's a good signing, but it's not our answer for #2.
    I doubt the Steelers signed him to be the #2. He's basically Cotchery's replacement and will play the slot.

Legend

User Info Menu

When we signed Jerricho a few years ago, a typical season for him was roughly 60 catches for about 800 or so yards with one 1000 yard season under his belt.

Similarly, with Moore, a typical season for him was roughly 60 catches for about 800 or so yards with one 1000 yard season under his belt.

The main difference is TD production. Until this past season of 10 TD's with Ben, Cotchery was typically good for 2 or 3 TD's per season (with one season of 5 TD's and one season of 6 TD's among them) while Moore already has seasons with 6 TD's, 8 TD's, 8 TD's again, and 10 TD's. Cotchery had 20 TD catches in 7 seasons with the Jets while Moore has nearly double that with 38 TD catches in 9 seasons with the Saints. Sure, having Drew Brees throwing to you helps, but that's some impressive scoring prowess for a guy who is 4 inches shorter than Cotchery.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 03-21-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.