Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Moore and the Steelers reach 2 yr deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    1. Yes that makes sense on why the Saints would let him go but doesn't help me feel better on why WE picked him up.
    2. Brees, Manning, Brady - Can make any 3rd or 4th WR put up #2 type numbers and that worries me a lot because Moore never put up those types of numbers.
    3. When you pass the ball 40-50 times a game there is never too many weapons and again Moore should of put up more numbers in NO.
    4. If we are just comparing Cotch to Moore than I'm ok with this signing but then I go back to my initial gut feeling and that is GOD I hope Wheaton steps up this year. We need Moore to be a #3 and compared to Cotch. If we are expecting Moore to be the #2 we are in serious trouble.
    ehh.. my focus is more so on how Ben is able to distribute the ball. Cotch had 10 TD's as our #3. I think Ben will be fine getting the ball to Moore as a #3 or a #2.

As far as Brees and Manning go... I don't think they actually make #3's and #4's but up #2 type stats. They still throw the majority of their passes to their best weapons.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1. Yes that makes sense on why the Saints would let him go but doesn't help me feel better on why WE picked him up.
    2. Brees, Manning, Brady - Can make any 3rd or 4th WR put up #2 type numbers and that worries me a lot because Moore never put up those types of numbers.
    3. When you pass the ball 40-50 times a game there is never too many weapons and again Moore should of put up more numbers in NO.
    4. If we are just comparing Cotch to Moore than I'm ok with this signing but then I go back to my initial gut feeling and that is GOD I hope Wheaton steps up this year. We need Moore to be a #3 and compared to Cotch. If we are expecting Moore to be the #2 we are in serious trouble.
    I know why you are thinking that but remember ... we won a SB with Randle El as our #2 receiver and Cedric Wilson as our #3!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Very true but I'd say we won that SB with a tremendous Defense and one heck of a running game.

Randel El was able to run a few reverses, return some kicks, and threw one hell of a pass in that SB though.

I really hope my GUT is wrong but I am a cup is half full type of guy so to feel this way is not good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Very true but I'd say we won that SB with a tremendous Defense and one heck of a running game.

Randel El was able to run a few reverses, return some kicks, and threw one hell of a pass in that SB though.

I really hope my GUT is wrong but I am a cup is half full type of guy so to feel this way is not good.
    And, that is why the Steelers want to reinvigorate the running game and re-establish the defense as top notch, plus Ben and you have a Super Bowl combination. Contrary to popular belief you do not need to play arena football on the offensive side of the football to be successful.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Funny how wanting a #2 WR or a younger pass catching TE to the offense early in a draft make you a fan of arena football, cause the passing game has nothing to do with the NFL and gearing up your franshise QB with key components to help him in the final stretch of his career is always just so dumb cause its not steeler smashmouth rah rah football

Theyve got their RB, theyve theoretically got their oline after a rough few years, they have a scheme that ben is making his own....only two glaring holes on the team are #2 WR (because they arent going anywhere force feeding the ball to brown 150 times a year) and a few spots on the defense....none of which cannot be resolved in a single draft. If theres one thing fans do, especially spoiled ones like us is really overestimate how long it take to right the ship after a poor season or two

Backup

User Info Menu

Arena football? Wow.

My gut tells me a 30 year old washed up WR is not a good signing and it makes me want an arena football offense? LOL

We haven't addressed our CB situation, our LB is suspect at best, our DL is also puzzled together, and we have a 2nd year RB who obtained how many 100 yard games? Not to mention our new OL scheme that the entire OL must learn this year. Yes I'm wrong: Lance Moore is the pill I need to settle my stomach pain. LOL

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Funny how wanting a #2 WR or a younger pass catching TE to the offense early in a draft make you a fan of arena football, cause the passing game has nothing to do with the NFL and gearing up your franshise QB with key components to help him in the final stretch of his career is always just so dumb cause its not steeler smashmouth rah rah football

Theyve got their RB, theyve theoretically got their oline after a rough few years, they have a scheme that ben is making his own....only two glaring holes on the team are #2 WR (because they arent going anywhere force feeding the ball to brown 150 times a year) and a few spots on the defense....none of which cannot be resolved in a single draft. If theres one thing fans do, especially spoiled ones like us is really overestimate how long it take to right the ship after a poor season or two
    Yeah, we are spoiled...we consider a non-losing season to be poor...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Contrary to popular belief you do not need to play arena football on the offensive side of the football to be successful.
    Agreed.

hausparty, Pap isn't calling you out, but, generally saying that all the guys wanting to pick up FA WRs and draft WRs and TE's early so we can score 50 per game aren't really getting it right. iirc, the Rams were really the last team to score a zillion and make their way to the Super Bowl. Even when Manning did it, he had Freeney, Bob Sanders and a slew of underappreciated stars on defense.

And that's why the broncos have let WRs go and totally focused on Defense this offseason (Demarcus Ware, Aqib Talib, TJ Ward) with their big offensive pickup beign Emanuel Sanders. I give John Elway lots of credit for his vision with this squad. He knows with Manning, he can win any game - as long as the defense can stop somebody.

It's the same philosophy we should have with Ben. Our team isn't made up that way, and one or 2 WRs isn't going to suddenly make it happen. Mike Wallace was amazing during his stretch, but, even then, we didn't score 50 a game. And we won't find a WR either in FA or the draft that can be as good this year as Wallace was, at his best.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Rookie

User Info Menu

Also, how many SBs did we win with Mike Wallace?

We have a legit #1 with Brown...we have a legit #3 with Moore...do we have a legit #2 with Wheaton? Or will we have to draft one?

Backup

User Info Menu

Much Respect for PAP! I've been a long time follower of this forum nor do I think he was calling me out.

I just agree with Slapstick above: If Moore is our #3 I'm ok with the signing but if we signed him to be our #2 my stomach will continue to HURT.

My Draft thoughts: Continue to do what we always do! Pick the best player available and don't expect him to start in year 1 and if we continue that trend as I expect we will my thoughts still remain the same: PLEASE GOD LET WHEATON BE AWESOME.