Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LeGarette Blount to meet with Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

LeGarette Blount to meet with Steelers

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/21/legarette-blount-to-meet-with-steelers/[/URL]

LeGarette Blount to meet with Steelers
    Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 21, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
    LeGarrette Blount AP

The Steelers continue to look for a back capable of sharing some of the workload with Le’Veon Bell.

The club will visit with Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount on Sunday night, Aaron Wilson of National Football Post reported.

Blount’s visit comes after the Steelers hosted Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew for two days earlier this week. The two sides did not reach a deal.

The 27-year-old Blount rushed for 772 yards and seven TDs on 153 carries in regular season play in 2013. In the postseason, Blount racked up 166 yards and four scores in the Patriots’ divisional-round rout of the Colts.

The 6-foot, 250-pound Blount is a strong runner who would bolster the Steelers’ ability to play a grind-it-out game. He would give the Steelers dependable second option behind Bell, a three-down back who’s likely to get the majority of backfield work in 2014.
    nice power back, he had some good games last season for *s
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

He'd be a nice compliment for Bell. I like adding a power back with Bell so that Bell doesn't have to take all of the beating in short yardage and between the tackles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He'd be a nice compliment for Bell. I like adding a power back with Bell so that Bell doesn't have to take all of the beating in short yardage and between the tackles.
    My thoughts too philly. May help in goal line situations and could help close.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sign him and give him #47.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He has his power running moments, but him being a power back is a myth...most of the time he runs like a 250 pound scat back and (tries to) make people miss.

Hes a bad fit and offers nothing in blocking/receiving. Nice insurance if Bell goes down but he wont be what they are looking for

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Depends on how much money it would cost. At 1 mil, I love it! At 2.5, not so much
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

he has a nice right hand too...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I read that his nickname is "The Winnebago." Not exactly The Bus or The Dump Truck but it could grow on us over time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

hahaha nice find.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Looks like a cheap shot punk to me!! I'll pass!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!