Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LeGarette Blount to meet with Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Blount is just as exciting as Cotchery was.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Don't know if you intentionally worded it this way, but it sounds kind of funny...

i hoped someone would catch it
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Blount is just as exciting as Cotchery was.
    Well I am going to miss yelling "KICK 'EM IN THE COTCH" After every touchdown he caught. Therefor, if Blount is as exciting, I will have to start yelling "Spark the Blount in the end zone" .. Or something to that effect lol
    Last edited by AzStillers1989; 03-22-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    There are many reasons to get excited about Blount. First and foremost the guy brings a bit of toughness to the Steelers. The guy has an angry streak not just with Boise players. Second, he has a career average of 4.7 ypc, with a 5.0 last year with the Pats. Third, he is faster than advertised especially for a big man. He knows how to get low to absorb a blow, then keep his legs churning. He indeed runs hard and has very light feet for a big man. I really liked Blount coming out of college and wanted to take a late round flyer on him much like I do on Lyerla. I think Blount is a great fit with the Steelers.
    I'm with you all the way Shawn. I watched this kid some for the Pats last year. A punishing running runner for sure, with good speed, and lots of tread left on the tires.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Exactly...

and I read on one of the other threads on here that his character was comparable to Russell Wilson. Laughable.
    Whoa, whoa... hold up, wait a minute. If you are referring to my post comparing the 2 it was strictly focused on FOOTBALL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Well I am going to miss yelling "KICK 'EM IN THE COTCH" After every touchdown he caught. Therefor, if Blount is as exciting, I will have to start yelling "Spark the Blount in the end zone" .. Or something to that effect lol
    Kick 'em in the Cotch was classic last year. It could be replaced with Bount Force Trauma Time.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure if Blount is the best fit for this team. I think he tends to struggle unless his OL opens big holes for him, and I don't think he's much of a blocker or receiver. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on these points.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a big Blount fan...and this is not a "just say no!" ad. He put together a couple of good games last year but his blocking was great more than it was him carrying the load. Have not been impressed since he burst onto the scene and slowly tailed off after that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Anyone think DWYER couldn't have done what BLOUNT did in New England last year?? I do!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Anyone think DWYER couldn't have done what BLOUNT did in New England last year?? I do!!
    He would of asked for more breathers