Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LeGarette Blount to meet with Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Whoa, whoa... hold up, wait a minute. If you are referring to my post comparing the 2 it was strictly focused on FOOTBALL.
    ok... but, if you were referring to leadership...

"Leadership" is a heck of a lot more than how you conduct yourself on the sideline. Team leaders don't run around in college "DTF" bars in the off season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He would of asked for more breathers
    Maybe so. BUT like DWYER, Blount came in sparingly and never carried the load.

He carried the ball once in the regular season over 20 times.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Anyone think DWYER couldn't have done what BLOUNT did in New England last year?? I do!!
    I think Dwyer couldn't have done what Blount did...but, I'm not sure if we agree...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    ok... but, if you were referring to leadership...

"Leadership" is a heck of a lot more than how you conduct yourself on the sideline. Team leaders don't run around in college "DTF" bars in the off season.
    I talked about football... I have no idea why you continue to talk about something I didn't address.

Legend

User Info Menu

Meeting with LeGarrette Blount pushed back suggests something else is at work

By Neal Coolong on Mar 22 2014

The fact the team wishes to have a full audience of decision-makers on hand to speak with Blount is suggestive they have more interest in him than they did in Maurice Jones-Drew.

Tribune-Review reporter Mark Kaboly suggested there's a stronger amount of mutual interest involved in LeGarrette Blount than what might be interpreted after a report surfaced saying they are pushing the meeting between the two sides from Sunday to Friday.

The Steelers had met with Maurice Jones-Drew last week, and we speculated it was more of a token tire-kicking session than a genuine contract-based discussion. The fact the team is pushing the visit back until late in the week, after the league meetings taking place in Orlando, could be an indication there is legitimate interest enough to wait until general manager Kevin Colbert, head coach Mike Tomlin and, of course, Dan and Art Rooney II, are on hand to go over everything.

We suggested earlier one possible reason is they wanted to discuss other options with owners and general managers while in Orlando, but the idea of offering a full audience to meet with Blount is suggestive, if nothing else, the team is more interested in Blount than they were in Jones-Drew - who reportedly wants $3.5 million a season. That would be the second-highest dollar amount given to a running back this offseason behind Toby Gerhart, who somehow managed to get $4.5 million off Jacksonville.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-steelers-free-agency/2014/3/22/5537770/steelers-legarrette-blount-visit[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I talked about football... I have no idea why you continue to talk about something I didn't address.
    It is obvious that I misread your post.
    I'm not going to "Continue" anything as you said... two posts hardly justifies that..

If you were referring strictly to football... and not leadership, then I think there are some worthy comparisons between the two. Thanks for clarifying your position. It makes me feel a little better knowing that Ben's character/lifestyle/leadership, etc was not being equated to Russell Wilson's.
    Last edited by Ernie; 03-23-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Finding cap space next task for Steelers

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

If the Steelers want to sign free-agent halfbacks LeGarrette Blount or Maurice Jones-Drew, they may have to create more salary-cap room to do so.

As of Wednesday, the Steelers’ salary-cap room had dipped to $1,051,934, about half of what it was a day earlier. Those are figures reported by the NFL Players Association after the official signings Tuesday of two other free agents, wide receiver Lance Moore and linebacker Arthur Moats.

Blount, who played in 2013 for the New England Patriots, is scheduled to visit with coach Mike Tomlin and others tonight and Friday in Pittsburgh. He ran for 772 yards, seven touchdowns and a 5-yard average per carry with the Patriots. He played his first three NFL seasons with Tampa Bay.

Blount took a pay cut last year with the Patriots after they acquired him in a trade. He was supposed to make $1.75 million in Tampa Bay but agreed to reduce that to $680,000 to play one year in New England, then become a free agent.

The Patriots and Baltimore Ravens also are reportedly interested in him, and he is expected to earn more than what he did last season.

Tomlin expressed optimism at the NFL meetings this week in Orlando, Fla., that the Steelers would sign a veteran running back. Jones-Drew visited the Steelers last week and remains a free agent. Whoever they sign will back up Le’Veon Bell.

The Steelers could clear as much as $3.8 million more in salary-cap room if they restructure the contract of linebacker Lawrence Timmons, whose 2014 salary is $6,750,000 and is signed through 2016.

According to the NFLPA, the Steelers have the least amount of salary-cap room of any NFL team and their lowest since the NFL calendar year began March 11. Next lowest is Detroit with almost $2 million. The Cleveland Browns have the most room with more than $31 million, the New York Jets have more than $28 million and the Cincinnati Bengals are third with more than $26 million.

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...#ixzz2x9TTgpkg[/URL]

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Sign the cheaper Blount and another Lance Moore type WR so I can sleep better at night.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Blount is coming back to Pgh today.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 5m
    LeGarrette Blount has agreed to a two-year deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to league sources