Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cotchery signed now what FA works?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Would look at Devone Bess as a 'veteran' WR. While never 'lighting it up', he's always been a solid pass catcher. Wouldn't be against bringing in Darrius Heyward-Bey as well- looked to improve last season. Worth a cheap flier on him just for his speed. Then draft the REAL new WR this year.
    I'm all for kicking the tires on Heyward-Bey. Still young, has speed...worth a look in a new environment.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown - Wheaton - Burress (bring him back on the cheap - he wants to be a Steeler) - Moye and Jasper Collins out of Mount Union. They're good to possibly great you bunch of chicken littles....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Heyward Bey could fill the role Washington and Wallace had for us, ben loves a guy to take the top off the defense

Backup

User Info Menu

He didn't play last year, but I think it would be a no lose situation to bring Kevin Walter into camp.

Starter

User Info Menu

LeGarrette Blount to visit Steelers soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    LeGarrette Blount to visit Steelers soon.
    I would love to have Blount. When healthy he is a load.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Blount has his moments. Sneaky explosive for his size, not the most physical runner though. Offers nothing as a blocker or receiver though, which is ok because bell is a 3 down back

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would love to have Blount. When healthy he is a load.
    Agreed. I thought Dwyer found his role here last year as a short yardage guy and a fill-in thumper. Blount can do that and more. Would love this signing.

Legend

User Info Menu

2014 NFL free agency: LeGarrette Blount to visit Pittsburgh Steelers

BY JOSH SANCHEZ

LeGarrette Blount joins Maurice Jones-Drew as the Steelers’ targets at running back.

The Pittsburgh Steelers flirted with veteran running back Maurice Jones-Drew during a two-day visit earlier this week but Jones-Drew ultimately left the Steel City without a contract. Now, rather than showing interest in a running back on the decline, the Steelers are expected to visit with one who is coming off his most productive NFL season.

According to the National Football Post, the Steelers will be meeting with New England Patriots free agent LeGarrette Blount on Sunday night

Throughout the first week and a half of the free agency period, Blount has received very little public interest. There are reports the Patriots could still be interested in re-signing him, but first they will need to see what develops with the Pittsburgh visit.

Pittsburgh is looking for a No. 2 running back to serve as a complement Le’Veon Bell, and Blount could certainly fill that roll.

He is the physical style of running back that Steelers fans have been clamoring for. Of course, he will need the Steelers line to improve their game by opening running lanes because Blount hasn’t shown tremendous ability to create his own space.

There are a few other teams believed to have interest in Blount, but the Steelers are the first to show that interest publicly.

[URL]http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/21/2014-nfl-free-agency-legarrette-blount-to-visit-pittsburgh-steelers/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

From what I have seen of Blount... he could potentially be a "1-A" type of back...

While it would be a great signing, I am doubtful that he ends up with the steelers.