Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MJD staying in Pitt for a second day

Retweeted by Ed Bouchette:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet:

Wouldn’t be surprised if things move very quickly between #Raiders & MJD. Still lives in the area. Heard he’s slimmed down considerably too

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

Close to signing with the Raiders, per KFFL.

And looks as though the *'s and the Ratbirds are about to get into a bidding battle for Blount.

Again, the Steelers have done a lot of posturing, but I don't really expect them to sign either of these guys.

CBS currently has Carlos Hyde ranked in the 50's. If he falls to the Steelers and they don't sign a vet, the Steelers may not pass on him. It would be hard with all that value at WR in that area but it's certainly a possibility if they roll with a WR or TE in the first.

MJD is now a Raider, pending a physical.

The Oakland Raiders agreed with free-agent RB Maurice Jones-Drew (Jaguars) on a three-year deal. He's set to take a physical Friday, March 28, and sign the deal later in the day. - See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#sthash.q5NPhpeK.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    CBS currently has Carlos Hyde ranked in the 50's. If he falls to the Steelers and they don't sign a vet, the Steelers may not pass on him. It would be hard with all that value at WR in that area but it's certainly a possibility if they roll with a WR or TE in the first.
    While I think Hyde is a beast, I doubt the Steelers will drop 2nd round picks on RBs in two consecutive years...if they think Bell is the #1 back, I can't imagine them spending a premium pick on another RB...

I could be wrong, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    While I think Hyde is a beast, I doubt the Steelers will drop 2nd round picks on RBs in two consecutive years...if they think Bell is the #1 back, I can't imagine them spending a premium pick on another RB...

I could be wrong, though...
    I agree it would be hard to imagine. But, can you imagine Bell and Hyde? There would never be a drop off. Injury happens, the other guy steps in. You keep your rotation fresh. Beating up on a D in the 4th quarter with Hyde would be really nice.

If he's the best player on the board, why not?

Perhaps they could actually use the pony backfield...

Charles Sims would be a good back to look at with our 3rd rounder if he is still available. He would be an excellent backup to Bell.

http://wvupros.com/2014/03/28/charle...outing-report/
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I thought the same thing, sounds like it's gonna be Blount to me since he's visiting us on Friday...
    we tag team nailed it
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    we tag team nailed it
    great minds...