Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How did I miss this? Cam Thomas

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not hard to figure out. He couldn't cut it as a starter for the questionable Chargers defense. Is known as being lazy with a poor motor. Al Woods was not any of those things. He was a guy growing into the position...Tunch said he had the best hands on D...amazing punch...was impressed with him.

I believe the Steelers once again let a talent escape who will eventually start elsewhere and succeed. In turn we sign another low energy guy who brings little to nothing to this team based on his history.
    After the signing I hit the chargers board and one of the things I consistently read was how he has a great motor. Soooooooo

Starter

User Info Menu

Yeah where did the "lazy" moniker come from? I haven't heard that at all.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Al Woods>Cam Thomas. Hope that helps.
    Does that help? Why, in making me depressed, it does. It helps make me depressed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    After the signing I hit the chargers board and one of the things I consistently read was how he has a great motor. Soooooooo
    I'll try to find where I read it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Does that help? Why, in making me depressed, it does. It helps make me depressed.
    You and I both...you and I both.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm not sure in what world Al Woods is clearly better than Cam Thomas. Al Woods might be Reggie White. He also might be Al Woods. A journeyman DLineman who bounced around between 5 NFL teams in his first 5 years in the league.

I liked Woods as a backup. Not necessarily because I thought he was great (he looked good late in preseason games) but because he knew the system. Sure I'd have loved to keep him around but he left and signed with another team. That being said, I don't see how ANYONE on this board can look at this objectively and say he's better than Cam Thomas.

I don't know tons about Cam Thomas. He might come here and be totally worthless, but let's not kid ourselves thinking Al Woods was some irreplaceable All-Pro in waiting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Al Woods played 196 defensive snaps for the Steelers in 2013 and 12 defensive snaps in 2012...before that, he was with the Seahawks, Buccaneers and Saints (and our practice squad)...if that is enough to judge whether he is better than a guy who was on the field for more than twice as many snaps last year alone, then you are an amazing scout...
    like all the "youtube highlight" scouts... lol
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    I'm not sure in what world Al Woods is clearly better than Cam Thomas. Al Woods might be Reggie White. He also might be Al Woods. A journeyman DLineman who bounced around between 5 NFL teams in his first 5 years in the league.

I liked Woods as a backup. Not necessarily because I thought he was great (he looked good late in preseason games) but because he knew the system. Sure I'd have loved to keep him around but he left and signed with another team. That being said, I don't see how ANYONE on this board can look at this objectively and say he's better than Cam Thomas.

I don't know tons about Cam Thomas. He might come here and be totally worthless, but let's not kid ourselves thinking Al Woods was some irreplaceable All-Pro in waiting.
    This is true...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    like all the "youtube highlight" scouts... lol
    That's also true...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll try to find where I read it.
    Well for what its worth I read that he was all motor leading in to free agency and that was from a chargers message board. If that was the overreaching theme when talking about him I'm going to assume he doesn't have an issue with effort.

Edit: in just googling "cam Thomas" I found two instances of "lunch pail mentality/high motor" within the first few links.
    Last edited by Snatch98; 03-19-2014 at 07:36 PM.