Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Maurice Jones-Drew to visit Steelers today.

  1. #1
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,886

    Maurice Jones-Drew to visit Steelers today.

    Per Adam Schefter. States that we are not the only interested team.

    Interesting.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,734
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Per Adam Schefter. States that we are not the only interested team.

    Interesting.
    He's been a great back up until this last season. Anyone know what happened to him last year?

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,160
    injuries and probably not caring because no one around him cared, especially after trading away monroe

    Hes one of if not the best pass blocking back in the league and a great receiver....would be awesome to see the midget here

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,660
    i would be VERY happy with this acquisition.

    Watched UCLA play Cal (him vs Lynch) and at the time said, "i just witnessed the best 2 college RBs in a single game i've ever watched". I believe they combined for something like 7 touchdowns. MJD had a punt return and couple rushing and one receiving. It was insane. Unfortunately for Lynch, he was splitting with Justin Forsett (they also had Desean Jackson at WR). Talk about a talent-loaded game.

    In any event, I'm DeVille and I approve this acquisition!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    Round 1, Pick 25 (25): Artie Burns, CB; Miami
    Round 2, Pick 27 (58 ): Sean Davis, S; Maryland
    Round 3, Pick 26 (89): Javon Hargrave, DT; South Carolina State
    Round 4, Pick 25 (123): Jerald Hawkins, OT; LSU
    Round 6, Pick 45 (220) (Compensatory Selection): Travis Feeney, OLB; Washington
    Round 7, Pick 8 (229) (From Giants): DeMarcus Ayers, WR; Houston
    Round 7, Pick 25 (246): Tyler Matakevich, OLB; Temple

  5. #5
    Interesting. I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank - he's only 28, but has a lot of wear and tear, but he would certainly be a reliable and versatile backup.

  6. #6
    Dont see him signing to be a back up anywhere. But it is interesting.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,160
    Very tough market for RBs right now...he might not have a choice.

    Would rather sign slowshon though if we are looking for a RB on the cheap that can block and catch

  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,886
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Interesting. I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank - he's only 28, but has a lot of wear and tear, but he would certainly be a reliable and versatile backup.
    His first 3 years in the league he played second fiddle in a timeshare with Fred Taylor, so actually he does not have as much wear and tear as most 28 year old running backs.

    Carries by season:
    2006: 166
    2007: 167
    2008: 197
    2009: 312
    2010: 299
    2011: 343 (led the league with over 1600 yards rushing)
    2012: 86 (only played a third of the season due to injury)
    2013: 234

    He also averages in the neighborhood of 40 or 50 catches per season as well.

    He would be effective back in that early-career timeshare role with a lead back again (this time with Le'Veon Bell playing the role of Fred Taylor).


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    His first 3 years in the league he played second fiddle in a timeshare with Fred Taylor, so actually he does not have as much wear and tear as most 28 year old running backs.

    Carries by season:
    2006: 166
    2007: 167
    2008: 197
    2009: 312
    2010: 299
    2011: 343 (led the league with over 1600 yards rushing)
    2012: 86 (only played a third of the season due to injury)
    2013: 234

    He also averages in the neighborhood of 40 or 50 catches per season as well.

    He would be effective back in that early-career timeshare role with a lead back again (this time with Le'Veon Bell playing the role of Fred Taylor).
    Michael Turner showed that being run into the ground doesnt happen slowly

    He was also an every down back, has something like 350 receptions and when he didnt have the ball was a full time blocker

    Not as many miles as a ray rice (ran til his wheels fell off between rutgers and baltimore) but pretty close

    Would love the pickup, i know we want to get younger but this would be an out of the patriots book signing

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,938
    would love the signing but i just dont see it happening.
    im fairly sure he could get more $ elsewhere and ifs he's gonna take a money hit, it seems like he would pick a contender
    'moral victories' are for losers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •