Thread: Steelers well represented at Florida State Pro Day

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe the pick if they trade down
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I think there are knocks on benjamin that make him risky, but there are seriously no denying his tools.

He could be Reggie Williams or Jon Baldwin, but man he could be special too.

My fear is that he never is more than a jump ball threat, but my hopes is they could mold him into Larry Fitzgerald and a well rounded player
    I don't see him being any where near close to a Fitz. He had legendary work ethic and drive coming out of PITT. I don't get the same vibe with this dude; he seems more one trick pony to me. "I will run into the endzone and you throw it to me and I will catch it." If that is all he has, not worth taking in the 1st. I trust Evans much more.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I don't see him being any where near close to a Fitz. He had legendary work ethic and drive coming out of PITT. I don't get the same vibe with this dude; he seems more one trick pony to me. "I will run into the endzone and you throw it to me and I will catch it." If that is all he has, not worth taking in the 1st. I trust Evans much more.
    I meant as far as being well rounded.

I want evans more too. I would just hope that he wouldnt be a one trick pony, hes so gifted physically and is a better route runner than he is given credit for. The fitz thing was as far as being able to run any route, high point the ball, and be successful without having top end speed

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's just hope he's not a David Boston...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    6'5 240 -Thats all you need to know.
    He won't make it out of the first round
    If that's what you want, you can get it and a better athlete in Eric Ebron
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If that's what you want, you can get it and a better athlete in Eric Ebron
    and... Tyler eifert all over again... Tight end or bust
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he general consensus is that Kelvin Benjamin was extremely impressive in his pro day work out.

Following a dominant pro-day performance in position drills, undoubtedly far more teams are willing to overlook his 4.61 time in Indianapolis.

FSU's Kelvin Benjamin might not be the fastest WR, but as Jimbo Fisher said, "You don't want to play against that guy."
    “I really wish he ran, but he has such a unique skill set with his ball skills and catch radius,” one NFC scout said.

While running routes, Benjamin showcased his ability to catch the football at its highest point and make the types of catches most NFL receivers can't. On one throw toward the boundary, NFL coaches cleared as the ball’s flight plan descended toward a coaching cluster. Benjamin hauled in the pass -- easily -- and on the next throw he reached behind to catch an underthrown and off-target toss.

And for those who still question his speed?

“I can open up that stride and stride all day,” he said. “You got a guy who can run 4.3, he’s going to get tired and not keep up with the stride all day.”

Noles coach Jimbo Fisher will be terse with NFL coaches asking if Benjamin is worth a first-round payday.

"You don't want to play against him. That's the ultimate thing,” he said. “I'm telling you this: You don't want to play against that guy. He changes the game.”
    [url]http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...15&src=desktop[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    screaming for the same position 2 years in a row... hilarious.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Every interview I watch of Ebron just makes me dislike the guy. He's a punk and is everything but modest. The guy makes comments like he's "all world" and he's never stepped foot on an NFL field. The dude needs to be a bit more humble until he proves himself.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Every interview I watch of Ebron just makes me dislike the guy. He's a punk and is everything but modest. The guy makes comments like he's "all world" and he's never stepped foot on an NFL field. The dude needs to be a bit more humble until he proves himself.
    Put him up against Deebo in practice for two or three weeks and he would get some humbling.