Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers well represented at Florida State Pro Day

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Its the Offense's turn to use the 1st rounder this year. It will be a WR for sure. Only Question in my mind is will it be Benjamin or Evans. Setting aside the miracle of Watkins falling.
    Outside of similar stature, I don't see how you are questioning whether we would take Evans or Benjamin. Evans is a legit top 10 talent, while Benjamin is a late 1st round talent. We'd be lucky if Evans fell to 15. Using 15 on Benjamin would be reaching if we don't trade down. Evans will be the 2nd wideout off the board, and it's possible that Benjamin could be the 5th or 6th WR in the draft (Marquis Lee is ahead of him, and Cooks and Beckham may have passed him as well).

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Evans is a legit top 10 talent, while Benjamin is a late 1st round talent. We'd be lucky if Evans fell to 15. Using 15 on Benjamin would be reaching if we don't trade down. Evans will be the 2nd wideout off the board, and it's possible that Benjamin could be the 5th or 6th WR in the draft (Marquis Lee is ahead of him, and Cooks and Beckham may have passed him as well).
    although I agree with you, Greg Cosell has a different take:

I would probably like Kelvin Benjamin a little more, the Florida State kid, Cosell said. I think hes a little more naturally athletic and a little quicker than Mike Evans, and theyre relatively the same size.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/...vers-in-draft/