Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Cochery to visit

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Nice .........

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I've read several reports that state that the Steelers had about $1.3 million in unused cap space last year that may rollover to this year...
    I found a report that said the Steelers restructured Ike Taylor near the end of last October...it game them about $1.5 million in cap space in case they needed it for an emergency signing in 2013, but according to the article, it counts against the cap in 2014 (this season).

[URL="http://www.sbnation.com/"]www.sbnation.com/[/URL] nfl/ 2013/ 10/ 26/ 5030244/ steelers-salary-cap-pittsburgh-ike-taylor-contract

Maybe that's what happened to the extra cap space you're thinking of, and why it appears to be el gonzo.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet ·12m
    The #Panthers are on the verge of landing a WR. Really. Source says they are closing in on a deal with Jerricho Cotchery.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet ·12m
    The #Panthers are on the verge of landing a WR. Really. Source says they are closing in on a deal with Jerricho Cotchery.
    F*#K!!! Cotch is someone who can provide leadership for this team. Something we are sorely lacking anymore.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They are either going to move up for watkins/evans (bills? Giants?) or they are going to take Benjamin. Running out of options lol

Legend

User Info Menu

ouch... well, I will still get to see Cotch play but it will be for the Panthers

Legend

User Info Menu

But take heart, guys, we've signed Guy Whimper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    But take heart, guys, we've signed Guy Whimper.
    I've been questioning the Whimper signing since it happened. Not the actual signing, but the timing of the signing...and how It would effect other much needed signings. Looks like we are continuing to add to the "Net loss" column for this offseason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Does whimper even count against the cap? only the 51 top salaries do

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Does whimper even count against the cap? only the 51 top salaries do
    Would have to think his vet minimum would be greater than some of those rookie contracts. Not sure how that works though.