Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: season ticket waiting list info.............FYI

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,582

    season ticket waiting list info.............FYI

    out of curiosity, I emailed the ticket office to see where they were on the list...............

    September 1995.

    Unless they add a bunch of seats, I'l be dead before they get to me.(August 2005)
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,148
    They are planning to add 3000-4000 more seats in the South Plaza under the jumbotron and add a second replay scoreboard in the North end zone. The project keeps getting pushed back as they argue who is paying for it, but an expansion is in the works in the near future.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,582
    yup, but how many people do you think are on that list over the last 20 years?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    out of curiosity, I emailed the ticket office to see where they were on the list...............

    September 1995.

    Unless they add a bunch of seats, I'l be dead before they get to me.(August 2005)
    I had season tickets and gladly gave them up. You don't need them. You can scalp to any game you want and that way don't feel the pressure to sell the game tickets you don't want. Life is much easier to just scalp. The whole scarcity propaganda is just that: propaganda.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I had season tickets and gladly gave them up. You don't need them. You can scalp to any game you want and that way don't feel the pressure to sell the game tickets you don't want. Life is much easier to just scalp. The whole scarcity propaganda is just that: propaganda.

    i dont like traveling 5+ hours without tickets in hand when i have a few hundred locked into a hotel and such. ebay tickets and stubhub type sites go from 2 to 3 times face value when they where winning. not sure how much you'd have to pay a scalper for an early season game, rivalry or the years they are contenders, never tried to. i have made out like crazy a few times when i had extra tickets and sold them on ebay(2x-3x more than i paid. couple times the profit paid for my room, gas and booze)
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont like traveling 5+ hours without tickets in hand when i have a few hundred locked into a hotel and such. ebay tickets and stubhub type sites go from 2 to 3 times face value when they where winning. not sure how much you'd have to pay a scalper for an early season game, rivalry or the years they are contenders, never tried to. i have made out like crazy a few times when i had extra tickets and sold them on ebay(2x-3x more than i paid. couple times the profit paid for my room, gas and booze)
    I understand what you are saying, but being 5 hours away, you would never be a season ticket holder. After scalping enough times, you have the confidence in knowing how it will go. I guess my point of the Rooneys pounding out the message of "20 years of backlogged waiting list for tickets" they fail to mention that a huge % of those ticket sales already go to scalpers and tickets are easily available, and usually for not much more than face value.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    out of curiosity, I emailed the ticket office to see where they were on the list...............

    September 1995.

    Unless they add a bunch of seats, I'l be dead before they get to me.(August 2005)
    Did you get the email this week from the ticket office and then go and fill out their survey?

    It looks like they are getting close to adding the extra seats, however, they are gonna come with a big price tag. Sounds like the PSL's for the seats will be $4000 per seat and the PSL's for the club box they are adding will be $5000 per seat. Then you gotta buy the tickets. It had $115 per seat per game for the tickets in the regular seats and $300 per seat in the luxury boxes.....

    I have been on since January 1996, so yes, I am getting close if they are in Sept. of 1995. However, I would rather have seats where Ruthless is where there are no PSL's......We'll see what happens.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,148
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but bseaet 5 hours away, you would never be a season ticket holder. After scalping enough times, you have the confidence in knowing how it will go. I guess my point of the Rooneys pounding out the message of "20 years of backlogged waiting list for tickets" they fail to mention that a huge % of those ticket sales already go to scalpers and tickets are easily available, and usually for not much more than face value.
    I'm about 5.5 hour drive from downtown Pgh and have had season tix since Heinz opened. Upper deck end zone bleacher seats (no PSL and $70 per game). Last year in the snow game against Miami, since there were a lot of open seats downstairs, my son and I moved down at halftime. While it was cool being so close to the action when it was down close to our end, when play was down at the other end, it was hard to gauge the distance of plays without watching the Jumbotron. Although I would like to have a seat of my own instead of one long bench (most of the folks in my row are the same people every game but we have different folks on our immediate left and immediate right each game, it gets mighty crowded up there when those near us are big ol' fatties), I'm realizing that my few from afar may be the best for being able see the whole play develop (like the "all 22" replay that you can buy from NFL.com).

  9. #9
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,148
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Did you get the email this week from the ticket office and then go and fill out their survey?

    It looks like they are getting close to adding the extra seats, however, they are gonna come with a big price tag. Sounds like the PSL's for the seats will be $4000 per seat and the PSL's for the club box they are adding will be $5000 per seat. Then you gotta buy the tickets. It had $115 per seat per game for the tickets in the regular seats and $300 per seat in the luxury boxes.....

    I have been on since January 1996, so yes, I am getting close if they are in Sept. of 1995. However, I would rather have seats where Ruthless is where there are no PSL's......We'll see what happens.....
    A friend at work told me about that survey today that he got since he's also on the wait list. I'm thinking I prefer my seats now as well.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Did you get the email this week from the ticket office and then go and fill out their survey?

    It looks like they are getting close to adding the extra seats, however, they are gonna come with a big price tag. Sounds like the PSL's for the seats will be $4000 per seat and the PSL's for the club box they are adding will be $5000 per seat. Then you gotta buy the tickets. It had $115 per seat per game for the tickets in the regular seats and $300 per seat in the luxury boxes.....

    I have been on since January 1996, so yes, I am getting close if they are in Sept. of 1995. However, I would rather have seats where Ruthless is where there are no PSL's......We'll see what happens.....

    no email for me. they probably have one on file that i dont use anymore.
    it sounds like the no psl season ticket is the way to go. maybe existing holders would want to relocate and that would open up seats for us.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •