Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Starks to visit on Monday

Legend

User Info Menu

James Starks to visit on Monday

[url]https://twitter.com/steelersdepot/status/444935859192619008[/url]

sorry can't cut and paste well on this dang phone
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great Backup, but always health concerns with this guy. Nothing worse than having an injury prone RB with talent.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Great Backup, but always health concerns with this guy. Nothing worse than having an injury prone RB with talent.
    as a backup, that's acceptable
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If he only has to go 10 snaps a game, he could do fine. And he will bring no funny biz mentality. Sign him. Why not? I can't imagine a better team for him at this point. It's a no brainer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's decent, but I gotta think we can do a lot better (at the same price).

Legend

User Info Menu

James Starks to visit with the Pittsburgh Steelers Monday

By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

The Green Bay Packers spent most of the first week of free agency re-signing their own players.

One they didn't lock up is running back James Starks.

A source told the Journal Sentinel that Starks, 28, will visit the Pittsburgh Steelers on Monday. Last season, the 6-foot-2, 218-pounder rushed for 493 yards on 89 attempts (5.5 avg.) with three touchdowns in the same backfield as rookie of the year Eddie Lacy.

Battling injuries much of his career, Starks has been productive when healthy. In 35 total games, he has 1,427 yards on 322 carries with five touchdowns. And the Steelers are familiar with his work. Starks capped a 315-yard postseason his rookie season against Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

The demand for running backs this time of year isn't what it used to be, but the market may begin to thaw in Week 2 of free agency.

This weekend, Ben Tate reached a two-year deal with the Cleveland Browns worth about $7 million. Back-up Toby Gerhart also signed a three-year, $10.5 million deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

While another source indicated earlier this off-season that Green Bay would like to bring Starks back, the need isn't as pressing with Lacy, Johnathan Franklin and DuJuan Harris returning. The Packers also signed Michael Hill back this off-season.

It's a different situation in Pittsburgh's backfield. The fit makes sense.

Pittsburgh also boasted a second-round pick last season. After a rusty start, Le'Veon Bell grew into a multi-dimensional threat with 1,259 total yards, including one dominant performance at Lambeau Field. Beyond him, there isn't much. With Jonathan Dwyer inking a one-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals, the only other running back on Pittsburgh's roster is Alvester Alexander, who spent the entire 2013 season on the practice squad.

[URL]http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/250472641.html#ixzz2w4SzxHeK[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

FO certainly is pressing to fill the roster voids. At least they are not sitting still. Indifferent about Starks though, I want to see a full season of BellCow!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    FO certainly is pressing to fill the roster voids. At least they are not sitting still. Indifferent about Starks though, I want to see a full season of BellCow!
    Or is it COW BELL?

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-15-2014 at 10:13 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Starks is more than adequate as a backup RB. The Steelers need another back to pair with Bell, and Starks is relatively young and shouldn't command a huge contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

James Starks is a very good back when healthy. I like the way the guy runs.
    Trolls are people too.