Thread: Steve Smith to the Ravens

Hall of Famer

Steve Smith to the Ravens

Does anyone care?

Sorta like trading a Hines Ward at the end of his career.

Smith can still get open, but is not gonna beat anyone deep.

They're going to use him in the slot...a good weapon for them there; gives Whacco another good receiving option, IMO.

Legend
    Smith still has something left... Ward was a shell at the end of his career. Smith still blows by players. Look at his playoff TD vs SF last year... he is going to be a problem.

Smith isn't the jump ball type of WR that Flacco has enjoyed in the past. He'll be productive, but a game-changer? No.

I've always liked watching Steve Smith. I thought he was a guy that would have looked great in black & gold. Small but scrappy and a hard worker. Also, for a small receiver, he can go up and get the ball really well. He seemed to have lost a bit last year, but I'd rather him not be with the Ravens.

Backup
    Guy has an attitude about him. I can see him being a cancer if he doesn't get the attention he wants. This could implode for the Ravens. We shall see.

Not to mention the fact that we picked up Mitchell. I would imagine he has some inside info on Smith. This goes both ways, but the advantage would lean to The Steelers, IMO.
    Last edited by 8467thekraken; 03-15-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Legend
    It all depends on his ACL rehab.... the guy will be a problem for us if he is healthy. He still has something left in the tank.