Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: season ticket waiting list info.............FYI

Legend

User Info Menu

season ticket waiting list info.............FYI

out of curiosity, I emailed the ticket office to see where they were on the list...............

September 1995.

Unless they add a bunch of seats, I'l be dead before they get to me.(August 2005)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

They are planning to add 3000-4000 more seats in the South Plaza under the jumbotron and add a second replay scoreboard in the North end zone. The project keeps getting pushed back as they argue who is paying for it, but an expansion is in the works in the near future.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

yup, but how many people do you think are on that list over the last 20 years?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    out of curiosity, I emailed the ticket office to see where they were on the list...............

September 1995.

Unless they add a bunch of seats, I'l be dead before they get to me.(August 2005)
    I had season tickets and gladly gave them up. You don't need them. You can scalp to any game you want and that way don't feel the pressure to sell the game tickets you don't want. Life is much easier to just scalp. The whole scarcity propaganda is just that: propaganda.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I had season tickets and gladly gave them up. You don't need them. You can scalp to any game you want and that way don't feel the pressure to sell the game tickets you don't want. Life is much easier to just scalp. The whole scarcity propaganda is just that: propaganda.

i dont like traveling 5+ hours without tickets in hand when i have a few hundred locked into a hotel and such. ebay tickets and stubhub type sites go from 2 to 3 times face value when they where winning. not sure how much you'd have to pay a scalper for an early season game, rivalry or the years they are contenders, never tried to. i have made out like crazy a few times when i had extra tickets and sold them on ebay(2x-3x more than i paid. couple times the profit paid for my room, gas and booze)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

i dont like traveling 5+ hours without tickets in hand when i have a few hundred locked into a hotel and such. ebay tickets and stubhub type sites go from 2 to 3 times face value when they where winning. not sure how much you'd have to pay a scalper for an early season game, rivalry or the years they are contenders, never tried to. i have made out like crazy a few times when i had extra tickets and sold them on ebay(2x-3x more than i paid. couple times the profit paid for my room, gas and booze)
    I understand what you are saying, but being 5 hours away, you would never be a season ticket holder. After scalping enough times, you have the confidence in knowing how it will go. I guess my point of the Rooneys pounding out the message of "20 years of backlogged waiting list for tickets" they fail to mention that a huge % of those ticket sales already go to scalpers and tickets are easily available, and usually for not much more than face value.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

September 1995.

Did you get the email this week from the ticket office and then go and fill out their survey?

It looks like they are getting close to adding the extra seats, however, they are gonna come with a big price tag. Sounds like the PSL's for the seats will be $4000 per seat and the PSL's for the club box they are adding will be $5000 per seat. Then you gotta buy the tickets. It had $115 per seat per game for the tickets in the regular seats and $300 per seat in the luxury boxes.....

I have been on since January 1996, so yes, I am getting close if they are in Sept. of 1995. However, I would rather have seats where Ruthless is where there are no PSL's......We'll see what happens.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but bseaet 5 hours away, you would never be a season ticket holder. After scalping enough times, you have the confidence in knowing how it will go. I guess my point of the Rooneys pounding out the message of "20 years of backlogged waiting list for tickets" they fail to mention that a huge % of those ticket sales already go to scalpers and tickets are easily available, and usually for not much more than face value.
    I'm about 5.5 hour drive from downtown Pgh and have had season tix since Heinz opened. Upper deck end zone bleacher seats (no PSL and $70 per game). Last year in the snow game against Miami, since there were a lot of open seats downstairs, my son and I moved down at halftime. While it was cool being so close to the action when it was down close to our end, when play was down at the other end, it was hard to gauge the distance of plays without watching the Jumbotron. Although I would like to have a seat of my own instead of one long bench (most of the folks in my row are the same people every game but we have different folks on our immediate left and immediate right each game, it gets mighty crowded up there when those near us are big ol' fatties), I'm realizing that my few from afar may be the best for being able see the whole play develop (like the "all 22" replay that you can buy from NFL.com).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Did you get the email this week from the ticket office and then go and fill out their survey?

It looks like they are getting close to adding the extra seats, however, they are gonna come with a big price tag. Sounds like the PSL's for the seats will be $4000 per seat and the PSL's for the club box they are adding will be $5000 per seat. Then you gotta buy the tickets. It had $115 per seat per game for the tickets in the regular seats and $300 per seat in the luxury boxes.....

I have been on since January 1996, so yes, I am getting close if they are in Sept. of 1995. However, I would rather have seats where Ruthless is where there are no PSL's......We'll see what happens.....
    A friend at work told me about that survey today that he got since he's also on the wait list. I'm thinking I prefer my seats now as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post

no email for me. they probably have one on file that i dont use anymore.
    it sounds like the no psl season ticket is the way to go. maybe existing holders would want to relocate and that would open up seats for us.