Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kiper's Mock 3.0: Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Kevin Colbert and multiple Steelers coaches seen talking to Justin Gilbert at OSU pro day

By Neal Coolong on Mar 13 2014

They're always doing their homework. With Steelers' brass present at Oklahoma State's pro day Thursday, they got an eyeful of highly rated cornerback Justin Gilbert.

Longtime draft analyst Tony Pauline is well-connected. It looks like Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert made a few connections at his pro day Thursday as well.

Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert and multiple coaches were seen speaking with Gilbert Thursday, and as Pauline noted via Twitter, he "looked the part."

Some interesting side conversation came from Pauline after Tweeting that news Thursday.

It was in response to a Steelers fan who denounced the first round candidacy of Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard. Apparently, like many, Pauline likes the raw talent displayed by Texas Christian's Jason Verrett. His biggest (or smallest) detriment is his lack of size, which is something Gilbert has. He also has athleticism.

Many Steelers fans are hoping that size and athleticism fall to the No. 15 pick.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-nfl-draft/2014/3/13/5506040/steelers-nfl-draft-justin-gilbert-profile-breakdown-rumors[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Uh Yeah.....but that's not what you were saying above. To insinuate that because the Steelers lost 2 mediocre D-lineman to free agency would result in them not drafting a CB or the best player on the board is just lame. And goes against what this franchise does come draft day.

Thanks for playing though.
    I made an innocuous comment about how the draft Kiper posted might be changing and you just couldn't wait to argue about it. Take it easy "super fan" quoting the best player available rhetoric as if you're the only one who's ever heard that said . And try reading for comprehension. What I said was they look at the roster along with who's on the board to make their decision. If multiple available guys are essentially equal then roster - starters and depth, come into the equation of who they will draft. To think otherwise makes one a moron. They aren't drafting 'best available' in a vacuum.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I made an innocuous comment about how the draft Kiper posted might be changing and you just couldn't wait to argue about it. Take it easy "super fan" quoting the best player available rhetoric as if you're the only one who's ever heard that said . And try reading for comprehension. What I said was they look at the roster along with who's on the board to make their decision. If multiple available guys are essentially equal then roster - starters and depth, come into the equation of who they will draft. To think otherwise makes one a moron. They aren't drafting 'best available' in a vacuum.
    This is why the Steelers have generally tried to fill any roster holes with free agency prior to the draft....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    ^^^^^^so jj was tops on the list last year but drafting him had nothing to do with the fact harrison left and we had a huge need at olb?
    bell was rated higher than anybody else available in round 2 and was picked but rb wasnt a need?
    those 2 picks must have been a coincident.
    ...and with JJ we still have "a huge need at OLB"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and with JJ we still have "a huge need at OLB"
    hey Ovi, remember this post by any chance? if not, you should start a new thread...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    hey Ovi, remember this post by any chance? if not, you should start a new thread...
    Like I said in "the other thread" that is what happens when you rush and only open the last page of the thread.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Like I said in "the other thread" that is what happens when you rush and only open the last page of the thread.
    just kidding with you Ovi...

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

.... DeVille starts new thread... "Cam Thomas signed..."
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    .... DeVille starts new thread... "Cam Thomas signed..."
    would love to see you start a new thread..."Alex Carrington signs with Steelers...

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Justin Gilbert can run the 40 but his other drills might concern scouts.

By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com
    March 13, 2014

After running a faster 40-yard dash time than any other defender tested at the 2014 Combine, Oklahoma State cornerback Justin Gilbert still had to be talked out of competing in the event during Thursday's Pro Day workout in Stillwater.

"I wanted to [run] but my agent said my time was pretty good at the Combine and I didn't need to run," Gilbert told OkState.com, the Cowboys' official athletics website. "I talked with Coach Glass a couple days ago when I was still trying to decide whether or not to run the 40 and he said I had one of the fastest times there so I didn't really need to run. I relaxed a little bit today and just kind of took it easy."

While standing on the 4.37 second 40-yard dash time he recorded in Indianapolis, Gilbert did participate in the short shuttle and 3-cone drill. Unfortunately, according to a report from NFL.com, Gilbert recorded surprisingly slow times in these events (4.43 and 6.91 seconds, respectively), numbers that would have ranked among the slowest of defensive backs tested at the Combine.

These numbers could be seen as red-flags by scouts who view Gilbert as much faster in a straight-line than he is fluid when changing directions -- obviously a critical skill when covering NFL receivers.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24482263/pro-days-gilbert-lowe-turn-heads-at-oklahoma-state-workout[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha