Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals Release James Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Whats Chad Brown up to these days?
    won't work, the sushi in Pittsburgh isn't good enough...

I'd love to have Deebo back for another year. He would provide some depth at outside linebacker. I know he's not the Deebo of old but I'm sure his work ethic is still off the chart and that would be good for Jarvis Jones to see. So a one year contract near the vet minimum would be great.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'd love to have Deebo back for another year. He would provide some depth at outside linebacker. I know he's not the Deebo of old but I'm sure his work ethic is still off the chart and that would be good for Jarvis Jones to see. So a one year contract near the vet minimum would be great.
    Plus attitude, there has never been a player in the NFL that carried around as nasty a demeanor as Silverback. He just seemed like he was always in a foul mood when he was playing a game and that's something this defense has been lacking the past two years, no one is really just plain old downright mean.

And, let me add that the Steelers have had more than their fair share of mean guys, those guys that just dislike the other team, Lambert, Lloyd, Porter and Harrison.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 03-19-2014 at 09:40 AM.

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said. This team needs an angry old guy on it to occasionally thump some heads. Most notably thump some heads without a personal foul of course.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

I heard that Bouchette just said on the radio that the team does have some interest in reuniting with Harrison.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I heard that Bouchette just said on the radio that the team does have some interest in reuniting with Harrison.
    I would be happy to see Silverback in the B&G one more time, he needs a proper send off and at this point it wouldn't cost the Steelers any more than the minimum, but first, a FA running back and WR, then Silverback.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think the Steelers sign him to a 1-year vet minimum contract after June 1st.

Could James Harrison return to Pittsburgh Steelers?

By Kevin Patra
    Around the League writer
    Published: March 19, 2014

James Harrison said "everybody knows" he wants to return to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Following the linebacker's declaration on NFL Network's "Total Access" this week, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette passes on that there is "mutual attraction" between both sides.

The 35-year-old veteran spent his first 10 years with the Steelers before joining the Cincinnati Bengals last season. He appeared in 15 games in 2013 with 10 starts, compiling 30 tackles and two sacks on just 383 snaps in Cincy's defense.

The mutual interest makes sense for both sides. Harrison acknowledges he is in the twilight of his career. After jettisoning LaMarr Woodley, the Steelers are thin at outside linebacker behind Jason Worilds and Jarvis Jones. Bringing Harrison back as a rotational linebacker would provide insurance for an unproven group.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...james-harrison

Backup linebackers MUST play special teams. No way Harrison takes up a roster spot as a reserve LB who doesn't play on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Backup linebackers MUST play special teams. No way Harrison takes up a roster spot as a reserve LB who doesn't play on special teams.
    says who? between Carter, Spence and Vince (or whoever they bring in to battle with the young ILB guys) it's not a requirement. Debo has earned that much.

Besides, there were years where STARTERS played ST because those backups sucked. Wouldn't be suprirsed to see Jarvis on ST before Debo would...
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

2013 MNF Executive Champion!