Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    you're ziggy hood.

you have the size, speed, strength ( raw talent) to make yourself a 1st round pick.

that talent is (obviously) better suited for a 4-3 DT

why would you stay with a team where you're not being used to the best of your ability and doesnt want to match the offer jax has on the table?
    If you have all that size, speed and talent, why aren't you making plays as a pass rusher in the nickel? He and Cam Heyward played the same position in the same defense. Cam Heyward made an impact. Ziggy didn't. Say what you want about scheme, this guy, even though he's a great athlete and a hard worker, isn't a good football player.

I remember him talking a few years ago after his crazy training about how linemen in Pittsburgh weren't going to be fat, with Casey Hampton then making the comment about grown *ss man strength. Ziggy has all the weight room strength in the world, but he never acquired the game strength that Hampton was referring to.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If you have all that size, speed and talent, why aren't you making plays as a pass rusher in the nickel? He and Cam Heyward played the same position in the same defense. Cam Heyward made an impact. Ziggy didn't. Say what you want about scheme, this guy, even though he's a great athlete and a hard worker, isn't a good football player.

I remember him talking a few years ago after his crazy training about how linemen in Pittsburgh weren't going to be fat, with Casey Hampton then making the comment about grown *ss man strength. Ziggy has all the weight room strength in the world, but he never acquired the game strength that Hampton was referring to.

didnt he sacks in his 1st year filling in.

by the time he learned the "system" he was more ineffective year after year.

is he a good football player? no, certainly not in this scheme.

we'll see if he's any better now that he's in a 4-3

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Hindsight being 20/20, that is a joke. As far as I recall, he didn't produce noteworthy collegiate statistics either (that would suggest he was that great an athlete). Again, I don't remember precisely, but I think he was just known as a solid, dependable guy... who turned in great WORKOUT numbers, that pushed him UP into the first round. He for sure, was NEVER considered anything but a late-first.
    i don't know Shoe. He was a very good college 4-3 DT. 4 year total of 155 tackles, 22 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, 8 pd, 5 forced fumbles. That is very nice production for an DT who played in a major conference (believe Missouri was in the big 12 when he was there). Not amazing, but many 1st rd DTs haven't had that production coming out of college.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.