Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars

Hood was supposedly the strongest guy on the team. He sure didn't play like it.

Pro Bowler
    ive never denied his ability to lift heavy things and put them down

and jump on tires and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Hood was supposedly the strongest guy on the team. He sure didn't play like it.
    looked like Tarzan, played like Jane...

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib:

Jaguars gave Ziggy Hood $16M over 4 years. Guess we know why they are the Jaguars. Wow

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

Pro Bowler
    A move all of us knew would be happening. By, first round bust. Never really did anything. Who ever was most responsible for that pick was FAIL. Of course, this is Pgh, where no one has to take accountability. It's just all a big mystery.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Here are the numbers:

That's a hell of a lot more than I'd give Ziggy Hood, and thats why the Jaguars are the Jaguars.

Good for him, and good for the Steelers, as this salary will factor into the comp pick formula.
    thats really not a bad contract for a starting D lineman. and the SB is small enough that he wont hurt the cap if he's cut before the 4 years is up.
    at least they'll be using him to his strengths. i predicted he would try to find a team that ran a 4-3.
    why stick around and try to play patty cake with the OL instead of using the ability that got you drafted high in the first place. at a psoition that best fits those talents

what a colossal mistake from the beginning. taking a 4-3 DT in the 1st round and trying to convert him to end. idiotic

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    thats really not a bad contract for a starting D lineman. and the SB is small enough that he wont hurt the cap if he's cut before the 4 years is up.
    at least they'll be using him to his strengths. i predicted he would try to find a team that ran a 4-3.
    why stick around and try to play patty cake with the OL instead of using the ability that got you drafted high in the first place. at a psoition that best fits those talents

what a colossal mistake from the beginning. taking a 4-3 DT in the 1st round and trying to convert him to end. idiotic
    You just wonder how good this team would be if they didn't make idiotic decisions like this one. Blowing first round draft picks is so, so damaging.

Hall of Famer
    and for those that like to point to troy edwards for evidence as to not pick for need

i'll counter and show you ziggy hood as why you shouldnt always go with BPA.

Pro Bowler
    Addition by subtraction.

What I wouldn't give to have a mulligan on that draft pick....

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    and for those that like to point to troy edwards for evidence as to not pick for need

i'll counter and show you ziggy hood as why you shouldnt always go with BPA.
    I wanted James Laurinaitis and got Ziggy Hood.

I get disgusted when thinking of the '09 draft.