Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Carrington

Legend

User Info Menu

The longer he meets with the Steelers the more likely it is that they are working out contract details.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would be a very underrated signing, Im so nervous!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The longer he meets with the Steelers the more likely it is that they are working out contract details.
    I like the way you think

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That's what I'm thinking...if that's the case... I guess we can roll with Cam Thomas and Carrington > Hood and Woods.
    >

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do I get a finders fee if they sign Carrington too? lol

Listen guys...All this does is eliminate "need". The Steelers can stick to their board..BPA!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Do I get a finders fee if they sign Carrington too? lol

Listen guys...All this does is eliminate "need". The Steelers can stick to their board..BPA!
    Funny thing was in my final mock that year I had us taking Carrington, Woods, and Thad Gibson

My god we would notice an improvement from hood to carrington immediately, carrington could start on the pup and still be more effective than hood

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

per Ed B, left without a contract....
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/03/report-steelers-de-brett-keisel-would-rather-retire-than-play-for-the-minimum/[/URL]

It's probably going to be a little while until we finally know whether or not Pittsburgh Steelers unrestricted defensive end Brett Keisel will play a 13th season in the NFL, but what we do know right now is that he won't play for the veteran minimum.

According to a Friday report by Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette , Keisel's agent, Eric Metz, has said his client "would retire before taking a job that pays minimum wage."

Being as Keisel will turn 36 in September, teams will be hesitant to give him a deal longer than just one season and being that he would unlikely be a full-time starter in Pittsburgh, or on any other team for that matter, it's really hard to see him getting much more than the $955,000 veteran minimum.

The Steelers could, however, give Keisel a one-year qualifying contract that includes a $955,000 base salary and a $65,000 signing bonus and at that point, the bearded one would technically not be playing for a minimum wage. If he were to sign such a contract, his salary cap charge would only be $635,000, thanks to rules associated with these type of veteran contracts.

The Steelers are currently hosting Buffalo Bills unrestricted free agent defensive end Alex Carrington on Friday and if he is signed, it probably would lessen the chance that Keisel returns in 2014 even more. The Steelers did carry six defensive linemen on their 53 man roster last season, but once you start doing the math in your head and you add Carrington and another backup nose tackle, they would likely have to carry seven in order to accommodate Keisel regardless of the salary he earns.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    per Ed B, left without a contract....
    ugh... that really stinks
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    ugh... that really stinks
    Hopefully he will shop around a bit and be back in a few days.