Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 102

Thread: Alex Carrington

  1. #41
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    IDK. if something miraculous doesnt happen the next couple years either thru FA or superb drafting, i dont see it happening while ben is still here
    In the cap era things can change on a dime.

  2. #42
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    In the cap era things can change on a dime.
    This is true, I just don't know if the steelers are in a positionwith the cap to financially to do anything about it. I like what they have done thus far, minus dwyer and woods.. but we are a "Plug and play" FA or two from turning this thing around in 2014 I'm afraid. Carrington would be a huge signing at this point IMO.

  3. #43
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,075
    Retweeted by Ed Bouchette:

    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet:

    DE Alex Carrington, formerly of the #Bills, is headed to Oakland today for a #Raiders visit, then off to the #Rams after that


    https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Retweeted by Ed Bouchette:

    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet:

    DE Alex Carrington, formerly of the #Bills, is headed to Oakland today for a #Raiders visit, then off to the #Rams after that


    https://twitter.com/EdBouchette
    I can only hope that the Steelers have made a fair and competitive offer for Alex. If they have and the money is close to other offers maybe he'll want to play for a team with more of a chance of winning.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    I can only hope that the Steelers have made a fair and competitive offer for Alex. If they have and the money is close to other offers maybe he'll want to play for a team with more of a chance of winning.
    I would also think the Steelers offer a better starting opportunity. With the Raiders/Rams, he's likely only be a rotational guy.

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,352
    I think we can close the door on Carrington coming here. Usually when the Steelers bring someone in and he leaves without a contract then it won't happen. Carrington must really want to shop around or he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money. The Steelers won't engage in a bidding war for any player, free agent or their own.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #47
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we can close the door on Carrington coming here. Usually when the Steelers bring someone in and he leaves without a contract then it won't happen. Carrington must really want to shop around or he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money. The Steelers won't engage in a bidding war for any player, free agent or their own.
    Apparently he passed his physical, had a good visit, and talks are on going

  8. #48
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,352
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Apparently he passed his physical, had a good visit, and talks are on going
    I won't hold my breath. Like I said, the Steelers are not going to get into the game of an agent shopping offers around.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #49
    Hall of Famer costanza2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,571
    Raiders have the $$$ to overspend, he'll probably get a 2 year deal from them...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we can close the door on Carrington coming here. Usually when the Steelers bring someone in and he leaves without a contract then it won't happen. Carrington must really want to shop around or he is asking for a ridiculous amount of money. The Steelers won't engage in a bidding war for any player, free agent or their own.
    I was just about to write something very similar to this...Once a guy leaves our offices to other visits, you can kiss him goodbye. 95% of FA on the market it is about $$$$.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •