Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer signs with

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He was a sixth round pick and the team still got some 100 yard games out of him, if nothing else. I guess that's "what he was."
    he was a 6th round pick who came into that season projected as a potential day 1 pick... and laziness made him fall. apparently that laziness continued for a couple of seasons.

having said that, I'm still dissapointed that he left. Had he had better work ethic, I suspect his signing would have been a no-brainer.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Backup RB's are easy to find. It's a top-level starters that are the problem. With Bell firmly established as a just turned 22-year old beast, it shouldn't be difficult to fill in around him.
    I agree. An adequate backup RB can be found in FA or the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

coulda had sproles for a 5th
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    dude was lazy and that's why he dropped to the 6th round...

actually dizz... if I recall.. he was the number 2 rated RB in that draft..but dropped because of a failed drug test...

which turned out to be prescription. He was "Lazy" his first few years...but I don't think that's why he fell to the sixth round.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone think we go after a RB in the mid to late rounds? Here are some choices:

Charles Sims - West Virginia 6' 214 4.48 Probably will go higher than where we would like to select. One cut runner.

Marion Grice - Arizona State 6' 208 4.5 Good receiver out of the backfield and blocker as well.

Jerick McKinnon - Georgia Southern 5'9" 209 4.4 2nd fastest RB at combine, played QB in college. Very intriguing.

Raijun Neal - Tennessee 5'11" 212 4.6 5.2YPC 1124 yds 12 TDs.

Any favorites?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Starter

User Info Menu

Just like losing Al Woods...

...this sucks.

But #2 RBs can be found late in the draft or in UDFA.

Just always liked Dwyer and the potential we Steelers fans only saw glimpses of.

If someone taps the well on him, he will pay real nice dividends.

I hope he kicks some ass-unless he plays The Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Im gonna go against the grain here and say we should have kept him.. I know he had some issues early, but I saw him really turn the corner this year..even though he was pretty limited. Now we are pretty thin at RB also.
    I totally agree with you. He had the highest apc on the team. He showed more hustle and effort last year than ever before. He has some decent skills. I wish he came back. I would take him over Mendy any day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I totally agree with you. He had the highest apc on the team. He showed more hustle and effort last year than ever before. He has some decent skills. I wish he came back. I would take him over Mendy any day.
    I'm glad somebody other than me saw the effort beats...lol...and, yea, would take him over Mendy any day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's disappointing because I agree that he came to a certain realization in his mentality (an appreciation of what an NFL job is, after getting cut). I reiterate, this troubles me that so many guys are jumping ship... as it is something that "Steeler" players just don't really do. I think it shows a negative shift in terms of culture, in that room.

Having said all that, backup RB is probably the easiest position to fill. We probably can find someone who fills that role, even better than Dwyer could.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    coulda had sproles for a 5th
    And 5 mill a year, that we don't have. We have to go bargain basement shopping.