Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dwyer signs with

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It's disappointing because I agree that he came to a certain realization in his mentality (an appreciation of what an NFL job is, after getting cut). I reiterate, this troubles me that so many guys are jumping ship... as it is something that "Steeler" players just don't really do. I think it shows a negative shift in terms of culture, in that room.

Having said all that, backup RB is probably the easiest position to fill. We probably can find someone who fills that role, even better than Dwyer could.
    I don't think he will be hard to replace, but I still preferred that we had him back. As far as it seemingly like players no longer want to stay around, I think it is more of a case of the team being pretty clear cut with players that they do not wish to pay market value for and these guys are leaving because it's obvious the team doesn't have any interest. If it is as you say, that will come out in the wash eventually. We will see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tate’s two-year deal reflects the depressed tailback market

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2014

Before free agency, many had ranked Ben Tate as the best available tailback option in free agency. The open market didn’t agree.

Per multiple reports, Tate’s new contract with the Brown is worth “up to” $7 million over two years. The presence of “up to” implies that the base value is lower. Which would make the per-year base value lower than the per-year base values of the contracts signed recently by Jaguars running back Toby Gerhart and Chargers running back Donald Brown.

Gerhart and Brown each signed three-year contracts with base values of $10.5 million. Both will pay out $7 million over the first two years.

The reports on Tate’s deal also omit the guaranteed money, which could mean it’s nothing to brag about. Gerhart got $4.5 million, and Brown pocketed $4 million.

Of course, all three deals are far better than Darren McFadden’s one-year arrangement in Oakland, which has a paltry $100,000 in guaranteed money. The clear message from all running back contracts is that the market remains depressed, but for the rare difference makers like Adrian Peterson and LeSean McCoy.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/15/tates-two-year-deal-reflects-the-depressed-tailback-market/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Can we get Mendy back then?
    Not just no, HELLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ to the no's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora · Aug 6

Take the first depth chart with a grain of salt, but Jonathan Dwyer is listed as the #4 RB in Arizona. Behind Jalen Parmele. Ew.

[URL]https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Tate’s two-year deal reflects the depressed tailback market

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2014

Before free agency, many had ranked Ben Tate as the best available tailback option in free agency. The open market didn’t agree.

Per multiple reports, Tate’s new contract with the Brown is worth “up to” $7 million over two years. The presence of “up to” implies that the base value is lower. Which would make the per-year base value lower than the per-year base values of the contracts signed recently by Jaguars running back Toby Gerhart and Chargers running back Donald Brown.

Gerhart and Brown each signed three-year contracts with base values of $10.5 million. Both will pay out $7 million over the first two years.

The reports on Tate’s deal also omit the guaranteed money, which could mean it’s nothing to brag about. Gerhart got $4.5 million, and Brown pocketed $4 million.

Of course, all three deals are far better than Darren McFadden’s one-year arrangement in Oakland, which has a paltry $100,000 in guaranteed money. The clear message from all running back contracts is that the market remains depressed, but for the rare difference makers like Adrian Peterson and LeSean McCoy.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/15/tates-two-year-deal-reflects-the-depressed-tailback-market/[/URL]
    Tate signed with "the Brown" hahahahahha