Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer signs with

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I would have liked to see Dwyer return in a backup role. He was a solid pass blocker and effective enough in short spurts as a backup RB.

There are plenty of FA options, including:

- Andre Brown
    - Brian Leonard
    - Tashard Choice
    - James Starks
    - Ronnie Brown

I think the Steelers add one low-level veteran at the position and draft a backup. If he is healthy, I'm also fine with LSH returning as a backup.
    Id rather bring back LSH i think

LSH is more of a third down back than a backup. As far as Dwyer goes, I'd have liked to have seen him signed, but I'm thinking that he believes he has a chance to win a starting role in Arizona with their previous starter retiring.

Like Shawn I was never a big Dwyer fan but I thought he started to turn the corner last year. I really wanted us to sign him and checked that box off of the positions we needed to fill. Felix Jones didn't do it for me and LSH, while a good complementary back, couldn't handle the position full time if something happens to Bell.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    LSH is more of a third down back than a backup. As far as Dwyer goes, I'd have liked to have seen him signed, but I'm thinking that he believes he has a chance to win a starting role in Arizona with their previous starter retiring.
    He was running extremely well last year. I think the first few games would have been different had he not blown out his knee and we could have had some production on the ground. I was very unexcited about bell but i feel completely different his year, i just hope they surround him with some capable backups...wouldnt mind both LSH and Felix being brought back

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Dwyer is a nice compliment to Ellington in AZ. Ellington is small and quick, and they want to limit his carries. Dwyer will probably get 10-15 touches, many in short yardage.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Dwyer is a nice compliment to Ellington in AZ. Ellington is small and quick, and they want to limit his carries. Dwyer will probably get 10-15 touches, many in short yardage.
    That is tough division with stout DL's. AZ will need someone who can pound a little in short situations.

Legend
    I was a fan of Dwyers potential but he was what he was...

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I was a fan of Dwyers potential but he was what he was...
    He was a sixth round pick and the team still got some 100 yard games out of him, if nothing else. I guess that's "what he was."

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    He was a sixth round pick and the team still got some 100 yard games out of him, if nothing else. I guess that's "what he was."
    dude was lazy and that's why he dropped to the 6th round...

Backup RB's are easy to find. It's a top-level starters that are the problem. With Bell firmly established as a just turned 22-year old beast, it shouldn't be difficult to fill in around him.