Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golden Tate to Lions, Does that mean........

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Thanks. I don't hear that often...lol

I know the latter is a type of pick that is normally "Out of character" for the FO...but I think we are going to have to take some chances on some guys this year....meaning high risk, high reward guys..
    Lyerla is just too good not to get drafted. I can't even imagine this O with Heath, Evans, Lyerla, Brown and Bell...oh man.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hopefully the Lions will take Dennard, I'd rather go Gilbert if that's the choice.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Lyerla is just too good not to get drafted. I can't even imagine this O with Heath, Evans, Lyerla, Brown and Bell...oh man.
    I agree. Imagine those skilled players with a much improved offensive line (insert Munchak here)...

My main concern at this point is the front 7 on defense... especially if Hood and Woods depart as expected.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There's some depth at CB.
    Personally if we grab a playmaker at 15, then we need DEFENSE with #2, 3 & 4
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    In lyerla's case, it would be low risk, high reward if we could snatch him up in the late rounds.
    5th or 6th.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know it would be a popular move for the Lions to take the Michigan State kid. My brother-in-law and his buddies really want Dennard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would love for the Steelers to sign a NT in FA so they can eliminate any thoughts of drafting one and then move McClendon to DE...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    I would love for the Steelers to sign a NT in FA so they can eliminate any thoughts of drafting one and then move McClendon to DE...
    I completely agree.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it means the probability of WR Mike Evans falling to the Steelers at #15 just increased...
    I'll celebrate if the Bills make a splash WR signing, because I think Buffalo will target Evans at #9. They need weapons for Manuel. Maybe they'd throw us a curveball and prefer a TE like Ebron at #9 thinking they can get a solid WR later since it is such a deep class of wideouts. Then maybe Evans falls to #15, which I would like very much, and so would Ben. Ebron to BUF, Gilbert or Dennard to DET, Barr to TEN, Lewan to NYG, Clinton-Dix or Pryor to STL, Donald or Jernigan to CHI, and Evans to PIT. That would be pretty sweet.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

They could have had Al Woods for not that much, but they let him walk...don't know if they'll find a better deal on a NT in FA...