Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren and Wallace sign

Backup

User Info Menu

Warren and Wallace sign

acording to the local paper andKFFL are reporting LS Warren and back up Cody Wallace have agreed to new contracts. Wallace is a 3 year deal money not mentioned. Thought he played well at the end of the season. Guess Wallace will be our new back up to Pouncey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Solid signings. These aren't the sexy headlines that grab everyone's attention, but important nonetheless.

Legend

User Info Menu

SB here we come! Sorry...if I didn't someone else would.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I really thought Cody Wallace played better than Pouncey and am glad they signed him. Pouncey is soooo overrated.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I really thought Cody Wallace played better than Pouncey and am glad they signed him. Pouncey is soooo overrated.
    Yeah that isn't true.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sarcasm, I hope, right?

In any event, solid moves.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this hurts my brain.

Pouncey might be slightly overrated, has been for several years but hes still a top 10 center. Hes probably better at G, he has frail ankles and that would take stress off of them and he has a relatively thin lower body which makes it tougher to anchor.

You can only be overrated or underrated for so long before you get rated just fine.

Wallace is a tough guy though, hes an excellent swing backup i think

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah that isn't true.
    Have you actually WATCHED Pouncey play or do you just assume he is so great? He was getting thrown around like a rag doll before - again - he was out for the entire season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    this hurts my brain.

Pouncey might be slightly overrated, has been for several years but hes still a top 10 center. Hes probably better at G, he has frail ankles and that would take stress off of them and he has a relatively thin lower body which makes it tougher to anchor.

You can only be overrated or underrated for so long before you get rated just fine.

Wallace is a tough guy though, hes an excellent swing backup i think
    For the reasons you mentioned, he is limited. And I like Cody's nasty streak better than Pouncey's thug vibe (Best friends with Aaron Hernandez). Cody just lines up and fights you. He doesn't need tribal tattoos to look tough. Pouncy has been overrated and ASSUMED good from the start because:

1.) He was drafted by the Steelers in the first round. (Everyone assumes that means you are good).
    2.) He plays center for the Pittsburgh Steelers (Long tradition of fine center play - Webster, Dirt, Hartings.)
    3.) He had a good start of his career, so everyone assumes he continued to develop but I am not so sure he did.)

If you WATCH him play, you will see he get run over and tossed around like a rag doll much of the time. The reason people think he is good, is when he get off the first wave on the DL, he is good at running LBs over. But that is not the norm. Watch him actually play and you will see the former happens more than the latter. I rarely saw Wallace get tossed around like he was on ice wearing ice skates.

Legend

User Info Menu

Have you actually WATCHED Pouncey play or do you just assume he is so great? He was getting thrown around like a rag doll before - again - he was out for the entire season.

I said when we drafted Pouncey he was not a power blocker and that has proven true since he comes into the league. You could see in college how big DTs could easily overpower him. He is best when he is moving which is hopefully what he can do in the ZBS we expect Munchak to implement.

The problem we have with with Pouncey is that he is in fact a Top 10-12 Center in the NFL but he will be asking for Top 1 or 2 Center pay on his next contract because of the hype he has gotten since he came into the league. That is why he think he ends up with his bro' in Miami. Besides we know that Miami won't hesitate to overpay for an overrated Pittsburgh player don't we?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"