Thread: 2014 Draft surprises and stars

Legend

User Info Menu

2014 Draft surprises and stars

I would like for those willing to participate to put together a list of those guys from this draft you feel will either be surprises or stars in this league. I think it will be fun a few years from now to pull this up and see how close we were with predicting talent level coming out of this draft. For me...My hands down favorite two guys in this draft are Khalil Mack and Johnny Manziel...both are guys who I think will turn the NFL up on their head. Mack IMO is the best defensive talent in this draft...while Clowney has those unreal tools I'm just sure the guy loves football. He doesn't appear to have a fire in his belly. Mack gets knocked for the talent he played up against but he put together one of his best games against one of, if not the best offense in the nation last year. He plays with a fierceness, and an urgency. While Manziel lacks certain tools, he has the it factor that I am looking for when assessing talent. He is a talented Tim Tebow...he has that heart and will to win...but actually has enough tools to make it happen at the next level. In all my years of watching football, I have never seen anyone play the game like Manziel. If he lands with the right team, I think he will be very special. Sammy Watkins is a no brainer...the guy is one of the best WRs I have seen come out in many years. CJ Mosley...breaks the Alabama jinx to become one of the better ILBs in the NFL. Tough, excellent against the run and pass...has all the tools you look for in an NFL ILB. Jared Abbrederis is a guy who runs perfect routes, and has terrific hands. While I don't see him being a #1 WR I believe him to be a guy who will create mismatches against the number 2 and 3 DBs...a perfect complement to a true #1. I think he has a big career as a WR who benefits from single coverage and makes the most of it. But, maybe my favorite underdog in this draft is Jarvis Landry...oh how do I like the way this guy plays football. He reminds me so much of Hines Ward...he plays nasty...the ball is his when thrown to him. I think when looking back Landry might be a top 3 WR in a very deep WR draft. Caraun Reid, I can't believe this guy gets no love. Yes, he dominated inferior competition but when asked to step up in the Senior Bowl did so in a big way. This guy is NFL ready right now, and I think could start as a rookie. Round 4? Please...this guy is a minimum a future starter and possibly a future star. Stanley Jean Baptiste...how can you not love a big physical corner back who is a smooth strider? Rough around the edges but with come coaching I think this guy can be really good. Colt Lyerla...yeah I said it about the "undraftable" troubled TE. IMO, he is the best TE talent in the draft. If he doesn't snort himself out of the league, a team like the Pats are going to pick him up and turn him into a star.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Also, want to apologize for the format of my post, for some reason the bold went crazy and I couldn't enter down to make a more readable list. But, I would love to hear y'alls. input.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Surprises- Donte Moncrief, Joel Bitonio, Timmy Jernigan, Tom Savage, Pierre Desir, Cody Lattimore

Stars- Tom Savage, Josh Mauro, Joel Bitonio, Ryan Carrethers, Kyle Fuller, Jordan Zumwalt
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Some real out on the ledge picks...ballsy...I like it. Even from a UM fan
    Trolls are people too.