Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FS Mike Mitchell is coming over from the Panthers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good signing, he may be soft on the run...but does he deliver a punishing hit when tackling! Glad he is replacing Clark...and is OVER 6'0"!! A good, yet..sneaky signing! I just hope we aren't done with free agency neither! We have the draft to pick up on our spots, nice to see safety being crossed off the list! So far our route on #15 is starting to add up now! Just think if we draft Dennard or Gilbert? DAYUM!
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Good signing, he may be soft on the run...but does he deliver a punishing hit when tackling! Glad he is replacing Clark...and is OVER 6'0"!! A good, yet..sneaky signing! I just hope we aren't done with free agency neither! We have the draft to pick up on our spots, nice to see safety being crossed off the list! So far our route on #15 is starting to add up now! Just think if we draft Dennard or Gilbert? DAYUM!
    But third on the team in tackles at 66

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    As long as he tackles the player I could care less if it a "punishing hit" that makes ESPN highlights. I'm more interested that he can intercept some passes
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    As long as he tackles the player I could care less if it a "punishing hit" that makes ESPN highlights. I'm more interested that he can intercept some passes
    My biggest gripe about Clark was he was always headhunting and not looking to play the ball in the air.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    We'll take him! That's the type of guy we've been needing. Solid start to the year overall.
    I think the solid start was extending Troy and Heath, getting Ike to accept a pay reduction, and cutting ties with Lamarr. This signing is the next step to putting the team together, they are almost ready to draft without having to fill any glaring needs.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Good signing. Removes the need to look at FS until Day 3 of the draft. Add a ILB or NT as another FA signing and the defense is looki ng better and no need to panic and sell out on defense in the draft. Get the best players when we are drafting.

I'd also like to see us add a ILB or NT through free agency so in addition to offense at #15 we could look a some DEs like Hageman or Tuitt.
    Hageman is the pick regardless.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Let me tell you what I like most about Mitchell. Check out the video in that link...his interview. That is exactly what the Steelers need right now.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mitchell has a reputation for being poor in coverage. He was a bust in Oakland. One year of solid play with a great pass rush in front of him is all he has. I would have taken Malcolm Jenkins and the deal he signed over Mitchell. Carolina fans and analysts agree that pass coverage is not his strength. Even if he was listed as a FS, this guy plays like a SS and excels in that type of game. Hopefully, he proves to be a better pass defender, but I have concerns.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Let me tell you what I like most about Mitchell. Check out the video in that link...his interview. That is exactly what the Steelers need right now.
    Leadership is an undervalued quality among fans. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the Black and Gold.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Mitchell has a reputation for being poor in coverage. He was a bust in Oakland. One year of solid play with a great pass rush in front of him is all he has. I would have taken Malcolm Jenkins and the deal he signed over Mitchell. Carolina fans and analysts agree that pass coverage is not his strength. Even if he was listed as a FS, this guy plays like a SS and excels in that type of game. Hopefully, he proves to be a better pass defender, but I have concerns.
    Then move him to SS and Troy to FS
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!