Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FS Mike Mitchell is coming over from the Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Let me tell you what I like most about Mitchell. Check out the video in that link...his interview. That is exactly what the Steelers need right now.
    I loved that interview. Everything I read about the guy made me happy about the pick-up, but after I watched that clip I was loving it! Great job FO!!

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I think the solid start was extending Troy and Heath, getting Ike to accept a pay reduction, and cutting ties with Lamarr. This signing is the next step to putting the team together, they are almost ready to draft without having to fill any glaring needs.

Pappy
    I agree. I was talking about yesterday's "Open market" with guys signing with other teams... but, you are right....we could be in a lot worse shape right now. I just hope we are not finished.

Pro Bowler
    Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Hageman is the pick regardless.

Pappy
    I'd be very happy with that pick Pappy. I still prefer Ebron but I think Hageman is going to be a stud DE.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Mitchell has a reputation for being poor in coverage. He was a bust in Oakland. One year of solid play with a great pass rush in front of him is all he has. I would have taken Malcolm Jenkins and the deal he signed over Mitchell. Carolina fans and analysts agree that pass coverage is not his strength. Even if he was listed as a FS, this guy plays like a SS and excels in that type of game. Hopefully, he proves to be a better pass defender, but I have concerns.
    He was also a 2nd round pick out of Ohio because he ran in the 4.3s, before that (even after that) he was viewed by most as a 6th round-UDFA pick. He was a project and he really grew into a solid player

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Mitchell has a reputation for being poor in coverage. He was a bust in Oakland. One year of solid play with a great pass rush in front of him is all he has. I would have taken Malcolm Jenkins and the deal he signed over Mitchell. Carolina fans and analysts agree that pass coverage is not his strength. Even if he was listed as a FS, this guy plays like a SS and excels in that type of game. Hopefully, he proves to be a better pass defender, but I have concerns.
    unfortunately this is true... but hopefully he works out better than Clark the last few years.

Last year was his first as a FS as well. I think he has room to grow still, and am very excited to see what Lake can do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Then move him to SS and Troy to FS
    Yea, because Troy is so great in coverage. That is why he played 88% of the plays in the box last year.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Yea, because Troy is so great in coverage. That is why he played 88% of the plays in the box last year.
    He played in the box because we were missing an ILB once Foote got hurt.

Legend
    Glad to see us sign a guy that Goodell likes to fine for his hits. Seems like a Steeler to me.