Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colbert & Tomlin at Michigan St Pro Day Scouting Darqueze Dennard?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dennard can be a lock down guy. Watch this video...only maybe 3 throws he was ever more than 1 yard from the receiver. I've made my determination - he is my guy if he is there.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_qv3NFwZkE[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mike Prisuta ‏@DVEMike 17m
    Kevin Colbert, Mike Tomlin at Michigan State Pro Day today. I'm hearing No. 15 overall is probably a little too high for CB Darqueze Dennard

This would set up for us to do a trade down...I'd be fine with it.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Rookie

User Info Menu

In a deep draft, nobody would want to trade up...

If he's the pick at #15, I'm fine with it...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    In a deep draft, nobody would want to trade up...

If he's the pick at #15, I'm fine with it...
    I agree, this is a deep draft and no one is going to be looking to go up to get a player unless it a QB who is falling which is unlikley. IMO we will have to make a pick at #15. My candidates are: Ebron, Dennard and Hageman. Any of those three would make me happy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Dennard can be a lock down guy. Watch this video...only maybe 3 throws he was ever more than 1 yard from the receiver. I've made my determination - he is my guy if he is there.

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_qv3NFwZkE[/URL]

To my very amateur eye it looked like he was beat quite a bit in the ND game, but the throws by the QB were off. No?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    ugh... we got what, 6 more weeks...
    more like 8.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Dennard. But not at 15.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

15 is great value for the #1/#2 CB (depending who you ask, i have him solidly in the 2 slot)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    To my very amateur eye it looked like he was beat quite a bit in the ND game, but the throws by the QB were off. No?
    I don't think I saw the ND game but the ones I did see I was impressed by his ball awareness. Even on deep throws he had a knack for playing the ball ... not running into the receiver like our CBs tend to do. He would get his head around at the right time and get his hand in between the receivers hands. I was extremely impressed with his coverage skills. What I couldn't tell was how well he would play in our hang back zone. He seems to be a more man to man smother type of corner.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Unless he was the reason that the throws were off...