Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Louis Delmas visits Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Louis Delmas visits Steelers

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326227/article/exlions-db-louis-delmas-visiting-pittsburgh-steelers[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I imagine they would have to cut Levi Brown and Ike Taylor just to make room for this to happen. IMO - probably worth it if they grab a 1st round CB to fill out the top 3 with Gay and Cortez for next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I sure the heck hope they sign Louis Delmas...I was really hoping that he would have dropped to us in the 2nd in the 2009 draft...Lions got him at #33. He would be a good upgrade over Clark (even though he is an impending free agent) and is a hard hitter. The only thing that scares me about him is his past for injuries. On the bright side, he played 16 games this past season. Sign me up for getting Delmas!

Something tells me that this was probably for just a medical checkup reasoning though.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm afraid this visit is more about appeasing the fans than anything, to make it look as though the team is doing something to address its needs. The reason I say that is because unless and until we cut some big salaried players, we don't have the cap room to make Delmas a reasonable offer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette:

RT "@Aknotts66: @EdBouchette what do you think of Louis Delmas visiting?"

Due dilegence, but has bad knee

[URL]https://twitter.com/EdBouchette[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

No doubt Steelers prefer to not have rookie playing FS next yr. Free agent would allow them to focus on CB early in draft instead.

Just wrote about the Steelers' problem at free safety today bc of all the SSs they have. To that end they checked Louis Delmas' knee today.

[URL]https://twitter.com/jimwexell[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

pretty poor planning at the FS position.

could have least taken a flyer on a guy like phillip thomas or baccarri rambo

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'll take a one year prove it contract, something to get us through to next year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree...sign him for a year and try him out...then extend him if he earned it. It'd be stupid to pass up a guy like this, to be honest.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Backup

User Info Menu

If his knee is good to go,....Delmas gives us at least a 30% increase in terms of productivity at the the FS position. Clark is a stand up guy, smart and cagey but well below average in terms of his on field ability.

I'd still draft the Bucannon kid as i have very little faith in Sharmarko. Not to say that he cannot play ball,...just sick of us drafting as though we are Tony Dungy's Colts units. That is not the personnel that fits what we all hold dear as Steeler Ball.