Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: Looks like Ike is staying

  1. #41
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,304
    I don't understand why they haven't at least offered Keisel a vet minimum contract, he's still better than Hood, McClendon (as a DE), Arnfeldt, etc. He should be held in as high esteem as Ike, Troy and Miller, he's been nothing but a great player and Steeler, considering all the fund raising with shear da beard, etc. A contract for the vet minimum isn't precluding the Steelers from doing anything in FA and it gives you a player's, player.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Too bad Harrison blew it last year. He should have used his brain before his ego.
    Bull... did any of these other players have a Woodley making 10+ mill while stinking up the place? No way Ike, Miller or Troy take a pay cut if another player at their position who produced less was making top dollar.

  3. #43
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,731
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Bull... did any of these other players have a Woodley making 10+ mill while stinking up the place? No way Ike, Miller or Troy take a pay cut if another player at their position who produced less was making top dollar.
    Harrison's issue was all ego because it wasn't like last season Harrison was coming off a good year. Multiple years of injuries, his game clearly declining, etc. Harrision's rejection of the offer he got was all about his ego because Woodley was getting more. And what happened, he went to the Bumgals for even less and was a total non-factor. Unfortunate way to end a career just like Franco Harris. Maybe it has something to do with "harris" being in your last name that you make bad career decisions.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #44
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Harrison's issue was all ego because it wasn't like last season Harrison was coming off a good year. Multiple years of injuries, his game clearly declining, etc. Harrision's rejection of the offer he got was all about his ego because Woodley was getting more. And what happened, he went to the Bumgals for even less and was a total non-factor. Unfortunate way to end a career just like Franco Harris. Maybe it has something to do with "harris" being in your last name that you make bad career decisions.
    so what if it was all ego? The guy put in work and was the reason our D was feared by the league. The guy changed the rules of the game. Why wouldn't he have an ego when he sees a younger guy being lazy while cashing big check?

    The Bumgals made the playoffs...

    ending his career in Pittsburgh with a .500 record would have made Harrison what? A legend? The guy went out in HIS terms and did what HE felt was in his best interest. He isn't hurting for cash. I think you need to check your ego ovi. Where is Woodley? EXACTLY...

    Harrison was right and WE were wrong for asking him to take a pay cut.

  5. #45
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    so what if it was all ego? The guy put in work and was the reason our D was feared by the league. The guy changed the rules of the game. Why wouldn't he have an ego when he sees a younger guy being lazy while cashing big check?

    The Bumgals made the playoffs...

    ending his career in Pittsburgh with a .500 record would have made Harrison what? A legend? The guy went out in HIS terms and did what HE felt was in his best interest. He isn't hurting for cash. I think you need to check your ego ovi. Where is Woodley? EXACTLY...

    Harrison was right and WE were wrong for asking him to take a pay cut.
    This= $$

    Harrison had been injured, but was performing well by the end of the year. He was a non-factor in Cincy because their scheme doesn't play to his strengths. His ability to stop the run was missed last year in spades.

  6. #46
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    This= $$

    Harrison had been injured, but was performing well by the end of the year. He was a non-factor in Cincy because their scheme doesn't play to his strengths. His ability to stop the run was missed last year in spades.
    Our D was trash last year... our FO should have checked their ego and let Woodley go last year or demanded a paycut. Last year showed that Harrison was right and we were wrong.

  7. #47
    agree on harrison being right

    we missed him big time

  8. #48
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    agree on harrison being right

    we missed him big time

    Depends upon what you mean by 'right'.

    It was the wrong business decision for sure. He made less money, playing in a system that didn't suit his strength.

    It was 'right' for Harrison.... if that means something to him.

  9. #49
    Neither Harrison nor the Steelers ended up right...the Steelers lost out on Harrison and he ended up playing in Cincy for less money...the very definition of a lose-lose situation....

  10. #50
    I'm glad Ike is staying. For a guy that was drafted in the 4th round as a "project" out of a smaller school,there are many NFL players past and present who would trade careers with Ike in a heartbeat!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •