Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, Woodley

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There are reports that the cap should go up significantly in 2015 and again in 2016, approximately 10% each season. In 2016 there are reports the cap could be 160 million. Spreading money over this season and next is the right move if you want to field a competitive team this season. The savings for this season could add another starter to this team, and the increase in cap the next two seasons may allow the Steelers to finally get their salary situation under control.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't understand why the Steelers would do this now. If he's a post June 1 cut, it's my understanding that the money isn't available until June 1 anyway. So why not wait a while, and more to the point, why do Woodley any favors?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This move clears $8 million off the cap after JUNE 1st. They'll probably use that money to give WORILDS a Long Term deal and sign their ROOKIE CLASS.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't understand why the Steelers would do this now. If he's a post June 1 cut, it's my understanding that the money isn't available until June 1 anyway. So why not wait a while, and more to the point, why do Woodley any favors?
    Because the Steelers don't want a reputation as a team that doesn't treat players right. They want players to enjoy playing here and feel like the organization cares about them.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I bet woodley ends up a jet

Legend

User Info Menu

this news makes my day. see ya later LAME R
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I know he's been hurt but I can't help but think cutting him is really going to bite us in the ass.
    I have a problem with any player that can't keep themselves in shape to help prevent injury....apparently so do the Steelers. I'm not really heart broken over his release.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

More than likely...It means Worilds & the Steelers are close or have a deal in place. I'm hearing the Steelers have talked to Taylor & he isn't expected to take the cut. That has started the flurry of contacts of FA CB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for the memories LaMarr. That SI cover with him hovering over a prone Raven will always be one of my favorites!

LWSI.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Because the Steelers don't want a reputation as a team that doesn't treat players right. They want players to enjoy playing here and feel like the organization cares about them.
    For a Joey Porter or James Harrison, somebody that played hard and reached the end of the line, I get that. What I don't understand is rewarding sloth and indifference to your profession with a shot at another major payday.