Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, Woodley

Isn't Keisel getting cut here also or at least taking a pay cut? I don't know many 35 year old DE's that are producing these days. Luv him in all but it is time for a couple of these young guys to step up.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Isn't Keisel getting cut here also or at least taking a pay cut? I don't know many 35 year old DE's that are producing these days. Luv him in all but it is time for a couple of these young guys to step up.

Pretty sure his contract has expired so they don't have to do anything.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    This move clears $8 million off the cap after JUNE 1st. They'll probably use that money to give WORILDS a Long Term deal and sign their ROOKIE CLASS.
    A long-term extension for Worilds would actually save money on the cap rather than requiring more room. With the transition tag, he counts $9.754 million against the cap. On a long term deal, his cap hit should be much less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Still need to sign Worilds long term and restructure Ben. I don't understand why they are playing games on the latter.
    I'm starting to wonder how much ben is asking for.

I bet its north of 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm starting to wonder how much ben is asking for.

I bet its north of 20.
    if you were Ben, wouldn't you want to get paid at least as much as Joe Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    or Romo?

or Cutler?

or Ryan?

or Stafford?

or Rivers?

or Schaub?

or Bradford?
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    or Romo?

or Cutler?

or Ryan?

or Stafford?

or Rivers?

or Schaub?

or Bradford?
    And Kaepernick asking $18M...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm sure I would, if I were ben

what will the rooneys feel comfortable with for a QB who will be in his mid 30s, with his history, and the talent around him?

all I hear from the experts here is you can't pay for past performance. Could be very interesting going forward.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    or Romo?

or Cutler?

or Ryan?

or Stafford?

or Rivers?

or Schaub?

or Bradford?
    Herm Edwards said on Mike and Mike this morning that the league has a real issue with QB salaries and how it is going to make teams non-competitive because you have to cut so many good players to keep your QB. He suggested that the league has to have a cap exemption for one player on the roster because of the size of QB salaries and cap hits. I think they said Drew Brees is consuming something like 26% of the New Orleans cap.

I suggested something similar during the CBA discussions that a team need to exempt one of their veteran players from the cap or only take a partial hit.

Why didn't the league and union see this coming? Why don't those idiots just listen to me
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm sure I would, if I were ben

what will the rooneys feel comfortable with for a QB who will be in his mid 30s, with his history, and the talent around him?

all I hear from the experts here is you can't pay for past performance. Could be very interesting going forward.

I still think you have to let him go after this contract expires. He's got two years left...will he even make it through those years?

And if he is pissed off and wants to play for a big contract elsewhere, the Steelers will only be the beneficiary of that by way of having him play motivated and also a comp pick in return.

20+ is too much for a QB at his stage in his career with the style he plays - it will hurt the team for years.